- 215 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Who Is Brownstein Group?
Brownstein is an independent advertising and public relations agency based in Philadelphia.
What we do
We build unstoppable brands by helping clients navigate the changing tides of culture and business with a focus on brand longevity, and have worked with a range of companies including IKEA USA, Comcast Xfinity, DuPont™ Sorona®, TruGreen, The GIANT Company, ACI Speedpay, NJM Insurance Group, and Saint-Gobain North America.
What we’re known for
Brownstein is an Ad Age Small Agency of the Year ----> a PRNEWS Small Public Relations Firm of the Year finalist ----> and an inductee at Advertising Week’s Madison Avenue Walk of Fame.
Check out one of our latest, show-stopping campaigns as profiled in Muse by Clio. https://musebycl.io/health/youll-recognize-surgery-patient-inspira-healths-playful-new-ad
Brownstein has a fantastic opportunity for a curious, creative, empathetic, and intuitive Brand Strategist. In this role, you will not only bring understanding and insights related to industry trends, clients’ businesses, and market landscapes, but more importantly, a deep-rooted passion and knack for connecting with our beloved target audiences and the current cultural moment. At our agency, we prize bold, brave, and brilliant ideas and are looking for similar qualities in the past work of applicants.
We have a tried and true approach at Brownstein, but we don’t believe in templates. For this reason, we are seeking a critical thinker who respects process and the BG approach, but is not afraid to make the best recommendation for the client, the business, or the consumer, even if it breaks the mold.
The right Brand Strategist for this position is skilled at understanding the intersection of business goals and consumer needs as they relate to the cultural momentum that surrounds all of us. The end result, and the promise we make to our clients, is to create unstoppable brands. It is the mission of this position to understand all of the factors and signals that need to be considered in order to achieve brand longevity for our clients.
(Office-based position that is remote until further notice.)
- Conduct primary research with a heavy focus on quantitative and qualitative methods – from traditional methods like online surveys and focus groups to more creative, unconventional methods
- Conduct secondary research using syndicated and online research tools (such as Mintel, Kantar, MRI Data, etc.) with a focus on category learnings, competitive reviews, cultural trends, comparative brand analyses, and consumer insights
- Analyze research, identify patterns, and extract key learnings
- Develop succinct and inspiring creative briefs around a single-minded insight
- Create read-out deliverables that are appropriately formatted to meet BG and client standards
- Unearth actionable, compelling, and deep-seated emotional insights from the research – the most important part of the job!
- Develop brand strategy recommendations utilizing both primary and secondary research analysis, including: positioning, brand promise, value proposition, reasons to believe, communication principles, messaging hierarchies, etc.
- Create incremental strategic deliverables to support creative asset development, such as: content outlines, personas, consumer decision journey, need-state mapping, go-to-market strategies, channel plans, tactical recommendations
- Present strategies to large client teams with confidence and command of the subject – must be a strong presenter
- Support measurement and analytics functions including the development of KPIs, analytics roadmaps, and analyzing outputs to hone and optimize marketing efforts
- Assist in coordination and development of new business proposals and sales deck
- Minimum 3 years of experience in brand strategy, account planning, or communication/go-to-market strategy
- BS/BA Advertising/Communications or any relevant field of study, preferred
Special Sauce We’re looking for:
- Insatiable curiosity about what drives consumer behavior
- Obsessed with culture – current trends, and where culture is heading
- The ability to peel back the layers and go deep – critical thinking at its finest
- Creative writing and effective presentation skills with the ability to connect with the audience
- Influential communication skills across the board
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Team player and nurturer of healthy workplace culture
- A self-starter who has an entrepreneurial spirit, endless career ambition, and is resourceful
- A true believer in the power of brands and the role they play in our lives
- A range of previous work and experiences that demonstrate bold, brave, and brilliant thinking and execution
- Someone who loves marketing and advertising (REALLY loves it!)
To complement a salary that will make you smile, Brownstein offers the following competitive benefits:
- An opportunity to collaborate and create with some of the smartest, coolest, and most interesting people in the industry
- A competitive salary
- Health benefits
- Wellness programs
- 401K plus matching program
- Unlimited vacation
Brownstein is committed to cultivating a culture of inclusion and authenticity.
The sum of our collective individual life experiences, uniqueness, knowledge, creativity, self-expression, and talent that our employees bring to their work represents not only a major part of our culture, but our work and Brownstein’s success as well.
Brownstein is an equal opportunity employer. When bringing people into our team, we welcome the unique perspectives they bring related to their experience, culture, education, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, ableness, sexual orientation, and beliefs. We believe in the strength of our people and the power in diversity.
We’re always working on being more inclusive and there will always be more work to do, so please come and join us.