- 215 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Brownstein is an independent advertising and public relations agency based in Philadelphia. Founded at the height of the Creative Revolution in 1964, we are one of the longest-running independent agencies in the country, offering expertise across brand strategy, advertising, public relations, social media, and digital services.
We build unstoppable brands by helping clients navigate the changing tides of culture and business with a focus on brand longevity, and have worked with a range of companies including IKEA USA, Comcast Xfinity, DuPont™ Sorona®, TruGreen, The GIANT Company, ACI Speedpay, NJM Insurance Group, and Saint-Gobain North America. Brownstein is a 2018 Ad Age Small Agency of the Year, a 2019 PRNEWS Small Public Relations Firm of the Year finalist, and an inductee at Advertising Week’s 2020 Madison Avenue Walk of Fame.
Brownstein Group is looking for a curious, creative, empathetic and intuitive Brand Strategist. In this role, you will bring understanding and insights related to industry trends, the client’s business, the market landscape, our beloved target audiences, and most importantly, the current cultural moment.
The right Brand Strategist for this position is skilled at understanding the intersection of business goals and consumer needs as they relate to the cultural momentum that surrounds all of us. The end result, and the promise we make to our clients, is to create unstoppable brands. It is the mission of this position to understand all of the factors and signals that need to be considered in order to achieve brand longevity for our clients.
For this reason, it’s important to be skilled in developing research designs that will result in actionable insights that can be used to develop brand strategies that withstand the test of time. Additionally, it’s critical to have experience in developing go-to-market strategies to ensure our brands are seen and heard in the world across paid, owned, and earned channels, including omni-channel marketing plans to b2b sales strategies - all while pushing convention and ensuring bold thinking is applied to every recommendation.
We have a tried and true approach at Brownstein Group, but we don’t believe in templates. For this reason, we are seeking a critical thinker who respects process and the BG approach, but is not afraid to make the best recommendation for the client, the business, or the consumer, even if it breaks the mold.
The energy and confidence brought to the Brand Strategist position is as important as the experience and skill set. The ability to present to a room full of clients, brief a creative team, and navigate the occasional tough conversation is critical. Someone who believes in the power of a brand, embraces the possibility in every opportunity, is always looking to level-up, and considers him/herself a super dynamic person with endless ideas on how brands can thrive in an ever-changing world.
- Conduct primary research with a heavy focus on quantitative and qualitative methods – from traditional methods like online surveys and focus groups to more creative, unconventional methods
- Conduct secondary research using syndicated and online research tools with focus on category learnings, competitive reviews, cultural trends, comparative brand analyses, and consumer insights
- Analyze research, identify patterns, extract key learnings, and create read-out deliverables. Bonus points for beautiful formatting!
- Unearth actionable and compelling insights from the research – the most important part of the job!
- Develop brand strategy recommendations utilizing both primary and secondary research analysis, including: positioning, brand promise, value proposition, reasons to believe, communication principles, messaging hierarchies, etc.
- Create incremental strategic deliverables to support creative asset development, such as: content outlines, personas, consumer decision journey, need state mapping, go-to-market strategies, channel plans, tactical recommendations
- Present strategies to large client teams with confidence and command of the subject – must be a strong presenter
- Develop succinct and inspiring creative briefs around a single-minded insight
- Support measurement and analytics functions including the development of KPIs, analytics roadmaps, and analyzing outputs to hone and optimize marketing efforts
- Assist in coordination and development of new business proposals and sales deck
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- BS/BA Advertising/Communications or any relevant field of study
Soft skills the Director is looking for:
• Insatiable curiosity about what drives consumer behavior
• Endless career ambition
• A self-starter who has the confidence to navigate the lay of the land
• Someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and is resourceful
• A true believer in the power of brands and the role they play in our lives
• Obsessed with culture – trends now, and where culture is heading
• The ability to peel back the layers and go deep
• Someone who loves marketing and advertising. Like REALLY loves it. Bleeds it.
• A competitive salary & bonus plan
• Health benefits + Pet insurance
• Wellness programs including onsite yoga
• 401K plus matching program
• Unlimited vacation
Brownstein Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not condone discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. All applicants will be considered.
This person must have the ability to work on-site in our Philadelphia, PA office.
Brownstein Group does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors including recruiters, staffing firms, etc..., and does not pay fees for any unsolicited resumes.
NO CALLS PLEASE