Group Account Director - Advertising
- 215 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Founded at the height of the Creative Revolution, Brownstein Group is the longest-running independent marketing communications agency in Philadelphia. Over the past 5 decades, our campaigns have run nationally, the results have been felt far and wide. We're living proof that you can take the agency out of Philly but you can't take the Philly out of us. The guts, the attitude, the drive-it all runs deep. 215 isn't just our address, it isn't just our area code. It's the code we live by.
Title: Group Account Director
Reports to: VP, Client Services
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Salary range - $125-130K plus benefits
The Group Account Director at Brownstein Group is responsible for the overall management of the client relationship, and leadership of internal teams on one large or multiple accounts. The GAD drives agency profitability and growth based on maintaining long-term, trusted relationships with clients. Equally important is the ability to form and lead strong internal teams to deliver brilliant work-product and positive client results. The right Group Account Director will create an environment that identifies, nurtures and celebrates big ideas…and helps sell them into clients.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Manages senior client expectations.
• Takes leading role in developing and selling in agency recommendations and POVs.
• Establishes overall client relationship standards for the agency to follow.
• Sets quality standards for the account and enforces adherence.
• Responsible for the growth and vitality of the account.
• Responsible for quality of service and deliverables to client across all agency practices.
• Raises the bar, aspirational, strives to deliver the best of breed in category.
• Ensures all work is on strategy, creatively brilliant, on time and in budget.
• Stays ahead of the curve on all communications channels relevant to client.
• Works with planning and creative teams to determine strategic direction for the Brand(s).
• Monitors and manages staff development, career paths, reviews and hiring.
• Supports Human Resources in training efforts; strong mentor.
• Establishes strong relationships across all agency disciplines and offerings.
• Works with CFO and Finance team to develop and secure fair and equitable agreements and SOWs.
• Aggressively pursues new ways to contribute to overall agency and client growth.
• Participates in new business development for the agency.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience within an advertising agency or comparable business
- Digitally savvy & B2C experience a must
• Must have strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Good negotiating skills
• Inspires, builds on and champions creative ideas
• Strong overall business and marketing skills
• Professional with high integrity
• Mature and unflappable in tense situations
• Team player
• Embodies values of Brownstein Group
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, MBA or equivalent business experience preferred
What we offer
- An opportunity to collaborate and create with some of the smartest, coolest and most interesting people in the industry.
- A competitive salary, health benefits + Pet insurance!
- Wellness programs including discounts on gym memberships and onsite yoga!
- 401k plus matching program.
- Unlimited vacation.
- Frequent professional development opportunities.
- Opportunity to work on the agency’s fastest-growing account.
- Opportunity to be part of Ad Age’s Small Agency of the Year.
Resume + Cover letter a must
We are committed to diversity and inclusion! We encourage and welcome diverse candidates to apply.
Brownstein group is an equal opportunity employer and does not condone discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. All applicants will be considered.