Social Media Director
- Philadelphia, PA
If you mated a brainy, arty ad agency with a tight-knit, long-running family business you'd get us. As the longest-running independent ad agency in Philadelphia, we have an enviable history and heritage. We have real roots in the creative revolution of the '60s, yet have been nimble enough to navigate a rapidly changing media landscape.
To us, inspirational work thrives in a family ethos – understanding, partnership, mutual candor, flexibility and accountability are the main reasons we make smarter, sharper and more effective work.
Brownstein Group is seeking a seasoned Social Media Director to oversee, develop & lead social media strategy, execution and results for BG clients. You will lead a team of social media professionals. This person will have significant client interaction and will partner with internal teams such as creative, strategy, public relations, digital and analytics to plan and implement social campaigns that include tactics such as organic and paid content, influencer programs, activations/contests, SEO/SEM, digital video, native advertising, link-building and other socially-driven initiatives. The ideal candidate is equal parts social strategist, storyteller and relationship builder, possessing a solid understanding of the ever-evolving world of social media, and comes to the table with leadership and managerial skills as well as a vision for the social team of the future. The SM Director will lead an existing, growing team of social media content/community managers and strategists, and will represent the discipline on the agency leadership team and in the business community. Most importantly, the ideal candidate lives, eats and breathes social! We don't mean posting a record number of selfies on insta and snapchat!
- Lead the social media department; continually building out expertise and capabilities, as well as revenue and project expansion
- Resource planning, staffing and financial management of social activities
- Develop and oversee social media campaigns, including research, campaign, and content strategy, execution, monitoring and reporting
- Measure and report on growth and engagement for social media strategies
- Integrate clients into a broader news cycle and trending social conversations
- Oversee the execution of social content calendars, creative assets, activations and influencer programs
- Identify trends and new technologies in the field of digital marketing and communicate to internal team members.
- Vet and manage relationships with third-party activation platforms and other partners
- Help grow clients’ social media customer engagement organically
- Recommend paid media strategies and negotiate with media vendors to manage PPC, native advertising and promoted social campaigns
- Liaise with Strategy team on digital analytics and reporting
- Represent the social discipline in new business meetings and pitches; work with business development team on proposals
- 10+ years of agency social, digital marketing experience A MUST - Recent College grads need not apply.
- Demonstrated ability to create strategic communications plans across multiple channels, including managing budgets, staffing, out of pocket costs and other requirements
- Expert knowledge of all major social media platforms, as well as publishing, listening, analytics, activation management and other related tools
- Excellent web editorial and copywriting skills and a strong grasp of the visual web
- Prior hands-on experience managing online communities
- Experience managing and building client relationships on day-to-day activities as well as uncovering business needs to better serve our clients
- High attention to detail and ability to manage across multiple projects
- Excellent communications and presentations skills, as well as the ability to collaborate across multiple teams successfully
Please send a cover letter and resume to be considered.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to collaborate and create with some of the smartest, coolest and most interesting people in the industry.
- A competitive salary & bonus plan
- Health benefits + pet insurance!
- Wellness programs
- 401K plus matching program
- Unlimited vacation
Brownstein Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not condone discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. All applicants will be considered.
This person must have the ability to work on-site in our Philadelphia, PA office.
Brownstein Group does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors including recruiters, staffing firms, etc..., and does not pay fees for any unsolicited resumes.
NO CALLS PLEASE