- Philadelphia, PA
If you mated a brainy, arty ad agency with a tight-knit, long-running family business you'd get us. As the longest-running independent ad agency in Philadelphia, we have an enviable history and heritage. We have real roots in the creative revolution of the '60s, yet have been nimble enough to navigate a rapidly changing media landscape.
To us, inspirational work thrives in a family ethos – understanding, partnership, mutual candor, flexibility and accountability are the main reasons we make smarter, sharper and more effective work.
How we do everything else:
For fun we illustrate and write children's books and zombie comics, paint in oils and gouache, photograph all sorts of stuff, occasionally construct origami, sometimes restore furniture, rebuild vintage cars and customize Nerf guns. Someone down in PR is working on his second novel. We play a mean game of billiards, hunt small game, bike competitively, read Dickens and Tolstoy, brew beer, collect wine, braise wild boar, take our kids to watch the Phils and we wrap it all up with pickup happy hours in the bar we built in the storage closet outside of Marc Brownstein's office.
The Brand Strategist is responsible for supporting the needs of the Brand Strategy team and requires collaborative work within the department, the agency, and clients.
• Conduct primary research with a heavy focus on quantitative and qualitative methods – from traditional methods like online surveys and focus groups to more creative, unconventional methods
• Conduct secondary research, using traditional and online research and proprietary research tools
• Analyze existing research, create read-outs, extract key learnings, identify patterns, understand causation and correlation
• Develop brand strategy recommendations utilizing market research analysis, including: positioning, platform, messaging hierarchies, needs states, customer experience maps, go-to-market strategies, content strategies, etc.
• Develop and presents strategic recommendations to the client
• Assist in coordination and development of new business proposals and sales deck
• Creative brief development
• Provides key inputs for analytics implementation
• Supports measurement and analytics functions including the development of KPIs, analytics roadmaps, and analyzing outputs to hone and optimize marketing efforts
• Minimum 4-5 years of experience
• BS/BA Advertising/Communications or any relevant field of study
• Ability to work independently and with team members
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills with clients and coworkers
• Ability to create well-designed and inspirational presentations
• Demonstrated ability to creatively and effectively solve problems
• Outstanding verbal, written and listening skills
• Computer skill: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote
• Excellent time management skills
Soft skills the Director is looking for:
• Insatiable curiosity about what drives consumer behavior
• Endless career ambition
• A self-starter who has the confidence to navigate the lay of the land
• Someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and is resourceful
• A true believer in the power of brands and the role they play in our lives
• Obsessed with culture – trends now, and where culture is heading
• The ability to peel back the layers and go deep
• Someone who loves marketing and advertising. Like REALLY loves it. Bleeds it.
An opportunity to collaborate and create with some of the smartest, coolest and most interesting people in the industry.
• A competitive salary & bonus plan
• Health benefits + Pet insurance
• Wellness programs including onsite yoga
• 401K plus matching program
• Unlimited vacation
Brownstein Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not condone discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. All applicants will be considered.
This person must have the ability to work on-site in our Philadelphia, PA office.
Brownstein Group does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors including recruiters, staffing firms, etc..., and does not pay fees for any unsolicited resumes.
NO CALLS PLEASE