Human Resources Specialist
- 25 Chapel St, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
For more than 129 years, the mission of BKS has been to provide children from families who are low-income with access to a high quality education in a nurturing environment – an environment that cultivates their curiosity and extends the skills they need to succeed well beyond school. As a matter of compassion, justice, and solid public policy, BKS believes that every child deserves the opportunity to fulfill their potential.
We also believe in a work and learning environment based upon mutual trust and collaboration. That spirit of trust extends from the Executive Director and Board of Directors through to the staff, teachers, children, and families of BKS, creating a sense of community and shared responsibility between all stakeholders.
Children at BKS receive full-day educational classes with age-appropriate, evidence-based curricula and enrichment programs such as Spanish language music class, dance, the visual arts, and soccer. Beyond educational excellence, BKS also provides family services and support throughout the year. Our Early Learn centers are open 12 months a year, 10 hours a day.
BKS early childhood learning centers are located in public housing in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Crown Heights, Brownsville, and Historic Weeksville Gardens. Each year our centers serve nearly 400 children and their families. New York City relies heavily on organizations like BKS to make wider access to early childhood education available through Pre-K For All and 3-K For All.
Brooklyn Kindergarten Society is currently seeking a talented and professional Human Resources (HR) Specialist to join our team and manage specific tasks in our currently one-person department. The successful candidate will be passionate about training and development, performance evaluations, managing leave/benefits procedures and creating and maintaining HR policies for our agency. They will also assist and consult with the HR Generalist.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Help develop, implement, support, and review all HR department initiatives, policies procedures, and systems.
- Help establish control systems for compliance with business methods and HR practices.
- Cultivate and conduct training and development programs.
- Administering on-job training programs.
- Participate in performance evaluation processes.
- Maintaining necessary records of employee participation in all training and development programs.
- Create tracking systems for all leave procedures offered to employees
- Keep abreast of all changes when it comes to FMLA, Reasonable Accommodations, ADA, PFL, Covid-19, and all local, city, state, and federal regulations when it comes to employee benefits.
- Review systems and advise HR personnel about any recurring issues and problems.
- Advise management on the administration of human resources policies and procedures.
- Assist in shaping the organizational culture.
- Devise plans and techniques to drive change and culture management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources or a relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ proven experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of labor legislation
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid problem-solving and team management abilities.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.