- 25 Chapel St, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
Brooklyn Kindergarten Society (BKS) has dedicated itself to providing high quality early childhood education to children from low-income families for the last 125 years. We serve nearly 450 children in full-day educational classes, each enriched with pre-literacy and language programs as well as arts and music instruction. BKS recognizes that families – the key to children’s success – often benefit from resources and support beyond the classroom. To that end, our social services staff provides counseling, referral services, and workshops for children and their families. We were rated one of the top seven school readiness programs in Greater New York (out of 1,700 organizations reviewed) by Root Cause Foundation. We provide full day, year round care for children who are stimulated by the various curriculum studies initiated by them and guided by the principles of the Creative Curriculum.
· Cleaning-sweep, mod and wax floors of classroom, offices, hallways, kitchen etc. Clean bathrooms, remove trash, clean and clear stairs, play yards etc.
· Meal Service-assist with food service as needed.
· Records, supplies and equipment- keep inventory of distributed sanitary supplies as needed, unpack and store supplies, move children’s equipment to and from outdoor play space etc.
· Participate in staff meetings, conferences, training sessions and workshops as assigned.
· Maintain confidentiality in regards to staff and family information
· Fulfill roles as mandated reporter as stated in Child Abuse and Neglect Polices
· Perform any other work-related duties as requested by the supervisor.
· Previous related experience in Ability to read and write in order to follow written work scheduled
· Certificate of fitness for S-95 and F-07- Fire and Emergency Drill Conductor
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Lift and move heavy and/or bulky objects weighting up to 50 lbs.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.