Senior Development Associate
- 25 Chapel St, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
Brooklyn Kindergarten Society (BKS) has dedicated itself to providing high quality early childhood education to children from low-income families for the last 125 years. We serve nearly 450 children in full-day educational classes, each enriched with pre-literacy and language programs as well as arts and music instruction. BKS recognizes that families – the key to children’s success – often benefit from resources and support beyond the classroom. To that end, our social services staff provides counseling, referral services, and workshops for children and their families. We were rated one of the top seven school readiness programs in Greater New York (out of 1,700 organizations reviewed) by Root Cause Foundation. We provide full day, year round care for children who are stimulated by the various curriculum studies initiated by them and guided by the principles of the Creative Curriculum.
The Senior Development Associate is responsible for supporting the Development Department’s related annual fundraising and engagement strategies. Event planning and communication with engaged donors. Strategize, report, and collaborate with our staff, board and Yuletide committee.
SCOPE OF INFLUENCE
- Works with internal staff including but not limited to the Development Director and Executive Director on tasks
- Works with external clients such as funders, donors, foundations and grant makers
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- The Senior Development Associate will provide leadership in cultivating individual donors by developing a formal fundraising plan for individual giving and events.
- Provide leadership to all donor stewardship activities. This would include all acknowledgments and appropriate methods to thank donors.
- Strengthen individual donor contributions. Work with board members to take an active role in fundraising and overall Development Committee activities. Cultivate individual giving from the Yuletide Ball hosts, guests and other donors.
- Plan an annual calendar of activities such as mailings, annual giving drives, cultivation and fundraising events. Create progress reports to track fundraising.
- Cultivate Yuletide dinner party guests and work with the Yuletide committee to encourage recurring dinner parties to support our annual event, the Yuletide Ball.
- Provide leadership around event-driven fund raising, which can include the Yuletide Ball and peer –to-peer initiatives such as participation in the Five Borough Bike Tour and/or NYC Marathon.
- E Generate and distribute monthly revenue and analytical reports as it relates to major gifts and individual donors.
- Work with the agency’s Administrative staff and external CRMS consultant to ensure accurate and relevant reporting capabilities to enable insight into performance.
- Analyze trends to identify opportunities to generate incremental revenue from individual donors and major gifts.
- Organize and/or attend appropriate meetings.
- Prepare packets for donor meetings and presentations
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, public relations or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in development
- Event planning experience
- Demonstrated success in cultivating individual donors and major gifts
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Microsoft Office applications, Internet usage and software applications
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with high-level fundraising volunteers.
- Possess an understanding of BKS’s mission, programs and initiatives.
- Ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Possess excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to listen and organize information in a clear and concise manner.
Role Key Competencies
- Effective Communication
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Relationship Management
- Teamwork and Inclusion
- Results Driven
- Problem Solving/ Critical Thinking
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Please provide a cover letter when applying. Applications without cover letters will not be accepted.