- 25 Chapel St, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
Brooklyn Kindergarten Society (BKS) has dedicated itself to providing high quality early childhood education to children from low-income families for the last 125 years. We serve nearly 450 children in full-day educational classes, each enriched with pre-literacy and language programs as well as arts and music instruction. BKS recognizes that families – the key to children’s success – often benefit from resources and support beyond the classroom. To that end, our social services staff provides counseling, referral services, and workshops for children and their families. We were rated one of the top seven school readiness programs in Greater New York (out of 1,700 organizations reviewed) by Root Cause Foundation. We provide full day, year round care for children who are stimulated by the various curriculum studies initiated by them and guided by the principles of the Creative Curriculum.
Seeking a mission-driven professional with a strong work ethic, ability to multi-task, and broad sense of humor.
· Supervise all teaching staff (teachers, assistant teachers, teacher aides, floaters, cooks, bookkeeper, custodians, substitutes)
· Provide ongoing coaching to teaching staff to support them in successfully fulfilling all aspects of their role, including but not limited to effective practices in the following:
1) CLASS™ Teacher-Child Interactions
2) Learning Environments
4) Child Assessment
5) Meeting All Children's Needs
6) Working with Families
7) Professional Growth and Collaboration
8) Health and Safety
· Ensure full implementation of all aspects of Creative Curriculum, policies/procedures and tools with the goal of supporting all children to achieve school readiness goals.
· Work with teachers to implement program curriculum with fidelity.
· Work with teachers to implement the child assessment system reliably, including understanding child outcomes data and using them to plan and individualize.
· Confidentiality- maintain all staff and family information confidentiality.
· NYS Professional ECE Certification (Birth-Grade 2) or Valid NYS Permanent Certification B-2 or N-6.
· Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
· A 2.5 minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA
· Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, Masters preferred
· Experience working with low income populations and diverse cultures.
· Union – Council of School Supervisors & Administrators local 1
· Compensation based on performance with incentives
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.