AIX/Perl developer (JR1022916) (CONTRACT)
- 1155 Long Island Ave, Edgewood, NY
- Employees can work remotely
Broadridge is hiring! We are seeking a well qualified AIX/Perl developer to join our team on contract basis in a remote capacity. Perl developers are responsible for crafting and implementing new features within a web application. They also research and implement solutions for existing applications. They participate in new product design sessions, build detailed design and development documentation, perform code reviews and participate in Quality Assurance reviews.
The ideal candidate will be a hardworking person with solid understanding of software development methodologies, application design and relational database concepts.
- Candidates must have a strong work ethic, be self-motivated and achieve their best in a fast-paced environment.
- Design and develop web-based application
- Analyze and validate user requirement documentation to identify new functionality and upgrade existing functionality
- Validate applications by planning and conducting tests, modifying program sequences and debugging code
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Experience with PERL is required.
- Strong user interface design skills are required.
- Configuration management and software deployment experience is required.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills is required.
- Understanding of SDLC, operations systems, networks and computer hardware infrastructures is a plus.
- Experience with formal software delivery and quality methodologies is a plus.
- Must have the ability to tackle sophisticated problems independently.