- Semple St, Edinburgh EH3, UK
Broadridge, a Global Fintech Leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge are Hiring! We are looking to recruit a Business Analyst to join our Team based in Edinburgh City Centre.
The Business Analyst shall perform several roles, including, but not limited to functional analysis, tester and pre-sales support. You would work on both internal and external Client Projects, participating in all phases of SDLC, including gathering requirements and defining the functionality required, collaborating closely with the Development Team to design and develop the best solution for our clients. In addition, you would be involved in the testing of the functionality once developed and the System where necessary.
Be knowledgeable in several different functional/business areas and shall use this expertise to support project work and sales activities as appropriate. As part of the sales process, you would be involved in supporting demos to prospects where their knowledge is applicable.
You would report to a Senior BA from a Line Management perspective, along with the BA Manager.
Key Accountabilities: -
Functional Analysis & Design
- Undertake functional analysis on internal and external client projects. This shall include understanding the clients’ requirements, and performing a gap analysis between requirements and product features – identify custom requirements and define solutions.
- This can include the creation of features, user stories, acceptance criteria and other design documentation such as diagrams.
- Organise and facilitate meetings with product managers, solutions architects, development, QA and other stakeholders to review client requirements as they relate to solution functionality.
- Be involved in Design Studies for prospective clients, identifying gaps and crafting solutions. Also, assisting in the creation of the Design Study Document.
Subject Matter Guide
- Work towards becoming a Subject Matter Guide in one or more functional areas and maintain this knowledge through communicating with clients and undertaking the vital research on changes in the Market.
- Testing of the functionality - This may be testing of the System, and supporting the QA team with setting up detailed test cases as well as manual and automated testing.
- Produce and review Test Plans as part of the Acceptance Criteria.
- Work with the Sales Team and provide functional and Market knowledge support as required.
- Attend Sales Demonstrations and be enthusiastic in the sales of our Products and Solutions.
- You may be required to visit clients and provide feedback to our Sales and Management Team on the level of happiness and satisfaction of the client.
- During client visits, take the opportunity to discuss new Products or Modules with a client and encourage the client to purchase these where appropriate.
Training of staff is vital to improve knowledge and to grow the Company. The BA Team craft and provide Training Courses on functional areas and other subjects where they have the requisite knowledge.
Active involvement in the knowledge transfer mechanism to allow staff to gain knowledge and understanding of the use of the system.
Develop ideas and craft offers for Broadridge Products
- Use your knowledge, experience and interaction with clients to develop ideas for product enhancements or new products/solutions which may be of interest to existing or new clients.
- Along with the product owner/manager, refine, grow and maintain a product backlog
Carry out market research, competitor and customer surveys
Find opportunities in the Market, threats from competitors and provide input to any Customer Surveys.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Completion of timesheets.
- Actively advise Team Leads and Managers of progress, especially if there is any possibility the task assigned may be completed after the agreed deadline.
Necessary Skills and Attributes:
- Ambitious, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit.
- A natural forward planner who assesses own performance.
- Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with Senior Executives. Reliable, tolerant, and resolved.
- Compassionate communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view.
- Well-presented and business-like.
- Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel several days a month within their geographical Region.
- Keen for new experiences, responsibility and accountability.
- Able to get on with others and be a team-player
Knowledge and Experience
A minimum of 1-year business analysis experience in Financial Markets
- Empathetic communicator on the telephone and face-to face.
- Able to present complex scenarios in a clear, concise manner
- Deeply proficient writer of business letters, quotations and proposals.
- 1 year + Experience of the Finance Area.
- Adept in MS Office 365, particularly Excel, Word and Power Point
- Ability to use SQL to query data for analysis.
- As and when we can travel for work, be able to spend one or two nights away as required at relatively short notice. Similarly, 1-week trips may be necessary but with reasonable notice,
- Able to commute to office base.
- Able to work extended hours on occasions when required.
Literacy and Numeracy
- Proficient in mathematics. Able to calculate and validate, trading positions, profit and loss, exposure calculations etc.
- Proficient in crafting clear, concise and unambiguous documents for people with and without knowledge of the subject matter.
Senior Business Analyst, BA Manager, BA Team, Implementation Team, Development Team, Sales Team
Clients, Client Business Managers, Client Project Managers, User and Business Community
- Degree level/equivalent qualification, preferably business related; or a minimum of 2 years proven experience.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
"Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion.
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth."