Director of Audit (JR1022944)
- 283-299 Market St, Newark, NJ
Broadridge is hiring! We are currently looking to hire our next Director of Audit. This is a Full Time / Direct Hire role based out of our Newark, NJ location.
Are you passionate about joining our growing team? If so, we encourage you to read below!
Run operational and integrated audits of business units, activities, and functions -reporting directly to VP of Operational Audit.
Perform the following with little or no supervision from a designated audit project manager:
- Assess risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance; evaluating manual and automated processes; identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies and operational issues.
- Review processes and practices enterprise-wide to ensure the use of compliant practices, procedural efficiency, and accuracy.
- Map risks and controls that could adversely impact business results or weaken control levels.
- Interact with senior and middle management, as well as internal and external peers.
- Successfully complete audit assignments in a timely and efficient manner.
- Act as department resource for knowledge in a critical subject matter area and/or of key operational and business processes.
- Communicate audit progress and findings by providing information in status meetings, highlighting unresolved issues timely.
- Prepare audit reports and review findings with Corporate Audit management and audit clients.
- Develop and communicate recommendations, which resolve or prevent errors and improve controls within the audited entity.
- Conduct preliminary surveys of audit areas to assess risk and define scope; prepare planning memos; Audit Engagement Kick-Off and Exit Meeting presentations.
- Develop audit programs and planning documents ensuring complete coverage and analysis of assigned areas.
- Prepare and assemble work papers by detailing audit tests and findings.
- Follow up and report on the status of outstanding audit recommendations from prior audits.
- Review associates’ work and provide feedback.
- Assure that all work is performed according to IIA Standards.
- Serve as project manager of moderate to large audits with moderate to high complexity and perform special reviews as requested.
- Adjust quickly and effectively to work with new processes, people and cultures.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities.
- Compare data from different sources to draw conclusions and effectively identify and explain root causes.
- Succinctly convey information and ideas in a manner that helps the target audience (which includes senior management) to understand and retain information.
- Write reports, memos, and other business correspondence in a logical, clear and grammatically accurate manner.
- Use clear and efficient approaches for choosing a course of action and take action that is consistent with available facts.
- Remove obstacles and support the team to reach success.
- Define and document project objectives and deliverables.
- Continuously acquire and assess any information that may affect a project and adjust the tasks and/or objectives as needed.
- Improve and enhance technical proficiency by completing 40 credit hours of applicable training courses per year.
- Ability to build solid relationships with clients, including approaching clients in an organized and knowledgeable manner and to deliver clear results of audit issues identified and negotiate agreeable remediation plans.
- Knowledge of PC and standard office software (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including presenting, listening, and interviewing skills. High level of integrity.
- Strong project management skills, including leading the whole audit lifecycle, participating in multiple audits or projects at the same time, and handling time effectively.
- Understanding of data analytics and statistical tools a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, IT, or Business required
- Advanced degree and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) preferred.
- In the absence of a relevant qualification, the candidate should be willing and able to gain such a qualification.
- 7+ years of relevant internal audit, financial, or related business experience; 2+ years of public accounting or internal audit experience a plus.
- This role will sit in Newark, NJ. The role will require 20% travel, both international and domestic. It will require frequent local visits to our NYC and Long Island offices.