Financial Analyst (JR1022014)
- 283-299 Market St, Newark, NJ
Broadridge is hiring! We are currently looking to hire our next Financial Analyst. This is a Full Time / Direct Hire role based out of our Newark, NJ location.
The External Financial Reporting Group is seeking an experienced, energetic, strategic and analytical individual to join the team responsible for running the performance of the Company's external financial reporting function. You will complement a team who runs quarterly and annual SEC reporting, interacts with external auditors, assists in the preparation and review of quarterly earnings release materials, performs accounting research, involved with M&A deal teams, and various other duties and special projects for the corporate external reporting department. This role reports directly to the Vice President of External Financial Reporting.
Are you passionate about joining our growing team? If so, please read below!
Provide leadership to ensure the timely and accurate completion of the following functions:
- Quarterly 10-Q filings
- Annual 10-K filing
- Quarterly Earnings Release - financial data
- Accounting research responsibilities and benchmarking related to external reporting matters
- Run Ad Hoc reporting requests and support M&A activity
- Sarbanes-Oxley testing and attestations
- Directs the compilation and review of certain financial data that is disclosed in the Company's 10-Q and 10-K filings with the SEC as w ell as the Earnings Releases quarterly
- Provide support for Company business development representatives in potential Company M&A business acquisitions, including working with valuation specialists to derive intangible asset values associated with acquisitions, as well as the annual goodwill impairment analyses.
- Building and maintaining relationships with various business partners, including the legal, treasury, business development and FP&A departments to achieve the highest level of client satisfaction.
- Respond to ad hoc requests for information and analysis.
- Ensure quarterly close activities are performed accurately and to required timelines.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance or similar subject area
- 1-3 years required in Public Accounting; Big 4 audit experience preferred.
- CPA required or in process of finalizing
- Experience with publicly traded companies external filings.
- Experience working with external auditors on audit issues.
- Experience researching and understanding SEC rules and GAAP accounting rules a plus.
- Demonstrated skills in running projects.
- Drive projects to successful completion.
- Ability to multi-task and meet designated deadlines.
- Work with limited direct supervision.
- Attention to detail is critical
- Solid communication skills are a must (written and verbal)
- Ability to research and understand complex accounting issues
- Identify and implement creative solutions that support increased efficiency and strengthen internal controls over financial reporting