- 605 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10158, USA
- Employees can work remotely
LTx is a next-generation trading platform incubated within Broadridge Financial Solutions, a global fintech company with a market cap of over $13B and a leader in fixed income technology. LTx's mission is to bring greater trading efficiency and instantaneous market intelligence to complex financial marketplaces. Our leadership brings over 100 years of experience in fixed income trading, with deep expertise in e-trading, data science, and artificial intelligence. LTx leverages data processed by Broadridge’s industry-leading post-trade solutions to empower dealer networks. Through the introduction of an innovative execution protocol, LTX is creating a more efficient front-office experience, enabling all platform participants to achieve best execution.
We are looking to hire a DevOps Engineer (Ops/Admin Focus) to join our TechOps team. The TechOps team has responsibility for CI/CD pipelines, site reliability, alerting and monitoring. You will work with development and infrastructure teams to help design complex and secure business critical applications. You will automate manual work while building scalable, highly available, financial systems. Your main responsibilities will include:
· Support and troubleshooting of LTX Trading applications (including High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Vulnerability Management, Incident Management, Patching and Change management).
· Analyse, provide feedback and assist in implementation of system infrastructure in areas including, but not limited to server setup, storage and virtualization. Examples include:
o Represent the team in architectural discussions to plan and build infrastructure
o Providing requirements for server provisioning
o NAS provisioning and configuration
· Act as point person with external teams such as the network team for config and implementation checkout both externally and internally. Examples of this work include:
o Work with the network team to establish new URLs, external and internal VIP allocations
o Load balancer and firewall changes
· Develop fully automated pipelines for both java and python applications which build, deploy and test across multiple environments.
· Automate infrastructure provisioning, deployment, and delivery both in the cloud and on-prem.
· Automate DB schema creation and test data population
· Immerse yourself in the product’s codebase and architecture, understanding how critical components work together – work with system hardware and software vendors for any support discussions.
· Participate in cross-functional projects, and take ownership of individual feature efforts and work with others for on-going issues, release schedule and general system administration issues
· Implement tools and dashboards for various services and operations of the LTX Platform includes operational, capacity monitoring.
You should exhibit a keen sense of end-to-end ownership of the quality of the product, organizing your assigned tasks with care, attention to detail under pressure, and respect for target delivery dates. You enjoy working with a small, talented team but have an independent mindset to champion our Customers’ experience. You should have strong operations and service delivery skills.
· 2 – 5 years of experience in a DevOps role
· Development experience - You must be able to write application code in at least one language such as java or have done system automation utilizing either scripting or an automation framework such as Chef or Ansible
· Ability to containerize an application and build a process around creating containers and pushing them to an artefact repository.
· Must know how to troubleshoot deployment issues. Emphasis on automating processes and not manual changes.
· Should have a good working understanding of CI/CD and how best to implement CI/CD practices.
· Should understand general networking concepts and how to requests are routed to various components.
· Strong experience of UNIX and Linux platforms, with a broad knowledge of different deployments
· Experience of working with outsourced technology providers.
· Linux or another similar OS administration experience, including tuning and troubleshooting for performance.
· Shell Scripting (Bash and Python preferred)
· Understanding of Networking Concepts
· Splunk or other equivalent monitoring tool.
· Experience in working in an Agile environment
Demonstrated support experience of a customer facing application/system
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age or any other protected status. "Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion. Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth." US applicants: Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.