Mainframe Developer (Contract)
- 283 Market St, Newark, NJ 07102, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth.
Broadridge is growing! We are hiring for a Mainframe Programmer Analyst to work anywhere in the US remotely. This is an excellent opportunity for you to support our new and existing business applications within our Global Technology Operations here at Broadridge. The software we are developing is innovative and multifaceted. You will build new and amazing features in the Financial Services. You will lead the work on the next generation of these technologies.
This is a temporary, contract role (6 months+)
- In this role you will investigate system and programming problems, proposes solutions and recommends design improvements for increased efficiency.
- You are able to handle complex programming assignments and develops mainframe applications using COBOL, CICS, VSAM and DB2.
- You'll analyze product requirements and translate them into detailed system functionality by working with internal organizations and/or clients
- You will develop architectural components and standards in support of business requirements.
- You will create system and program test plans and procedures, develop test data and performs the unit testing ensuring that the programs perform according to program specifications,
- You will mentor less experienced programmers in the coding, testing and debugging of application programs.
- 4+ years of technical expertise on Mainframe COBOL, JCL, DB2, and CICS
- TSO and VSAM experience required
- Intertest tool experience a plus
- Various utilities experience required (e.g. SORT, IDCAMs, etc.)
- Knowledge of SDLC processes
- Experience in Financial Services/Capital Markets
- Familiarity with Job Scheduler preferred (e.g. OPC)
- FTP, NDM knowledge a definite plus
- Good and sharp in terms of coding & testing skills and should deliver clients requirements first time right.
- Experience in Brokerage and/or Wealth Management is a plus
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age or any other protected status. "Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion. Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth." US applicants: Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.