XBRL Consultant (JR1014802)
- 500 Dallas Street, Houston, TX
Broadridge is growing. We are seeking a XBRL Consultant to join our Houston, TX office located at 500 Dallas St. In this role, you will serve as a key relationship contact and act in a hardworking, professional and courteous manner to ensure that clients are responded to in a timely manner with all concerns and questions. The XBRL consultant will use the XBRL system to serve client interests. XBRL, or eXtensible Business Reporting Language, is an XML standard for tagging business and financial reports to increase the transparency and accessibility of business information by using a uniform format. The US GAAP Financial Reporting Taxonomy and the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) Taxonomy are lists of computer-readable tags in XBRL that allow companies to label the thousands of pieces of financial data that are included in financial statements and related footnote disclosures. The tags allow computers to automatically search for and assemble data so those data can be readily accessed and analyzed by investors, analysts, journalists, and the SEC staff.
- Prepares XBRL exhibits for financial statements, footnote disclosures and financial statement schedules included in Forms 10-Q, 10-K, 20-F and 40-F that are submitted to the SEC.
- XBRL files are created using the SEC-approved US GAAP or IFRS Taxonomies for clients from multiple industries, including Oil and Gas, Real Estate, Retail, Mining, Financial Institutions, and others.
- Manages the workflow, communications and timelines for assigned clients on multiple, concurrent projects.
- Applies professional accounting skills to select the appropriate tags.
- Reviews XBRL documents for accuracy, consistency and completeness of data tagging.
- Maintain an understanding of current compliance standards promulgated by XBRL US and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to interpret and understand the continuously evolving XBRL compliance requirements in order to address client questions related to their specific compliance requirements.
- Display excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate well with external customers and demonstrate well-developed organization and interpersonal skills. Meeting customer-initiated deadlines requires the ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Demonstrate high proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint as well as workflow and collaboration software products.
- Demonstrate a strong proficiency with the Company’s internally-developed PROfile software.
- Maintains a CPA license and completes the required Continuing Professional Education (CPE) requirements of a minimum 40 hours per year to maintain his/her license.
- Excellent user interface and communication skills.
- Associates degree or higher
- Direct customer relationship experience in financial or retirement industry
- A self-starter who is experienced with Microsoft office applications
- Strong interpersonal skills; customer focused and engaging; detail oriented and high degree of accuracy; able to meet tight deadlines; flexible
Why should you join Broadridge?
- You will receive an excellent benefits package which starts as of date of hire, including comprehensive healthcare (medical/prescription drug, dental, and vision), wellness benefits, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, disability benefits, 401k with company match and much more.
- You’ll enjoy a generous paid time off program including vacation, personal holidays, sick time and paid company holidays.
- We will provide you with a platform to build strong professional working relationships with clients, fellow associates and management.
- Since 2015, Broadridge has been named by FORTUNE as one of the 'World's Most Admired Companies.' We were honored to have recently been added to the S-P 500.
- We have also been rated as a 'Best Company to Work for' in NY State for 10 consecutive years.
- Broadridge values diversity and inclusion. We have won several global diversity/inclusion awards including 'Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality,' Bronze Award in the 'Opportunity Now' Benchmark and the Women's Forum on New York, among others.
- More than 5,000 brands entrust us to deliver essential communications to their clients.