Investment Accountant (Contract)
- 110 W Park Dr, Mt Laurel Township, NJ 08054, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth.
Broadridge is hiring! The investment accountant will perform middle and back office investment accounting functions on behalf of “Buy Side” clients utilizing Broadridge’s Investment accounting solution. This Individual will adhere to operating procedures and service levels currently established for each client, however initiative is required and encouraged to review and suggest improvements. They will adhere to all delivery timelines agreed upon with respect to each individual client contract. This position will report into the Director of Investment Operations.
Please note that this is a temporary, contract position with the opportunity to go full-time.
- Utilize essential accounting and organizational skills while working both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team to support “buy side” clients.
- Ensure that financial controls and investment accounting policies and procedures are maintained, while initiative is required to seek improvement.
- Ensure accurate/timely processing around the accounting of investment transactions, including: Settlement of trades, Monitoring movement of securities Corporate Action processing (Mandatory and Voluntary), Portfolio Valuations, Cash and position reconciliations, accruals, etc.
- Execution of capital calls, receipt of distributions, and other capital activities.
- Monthly/Quarterly management fee processing and reporting.
- Possess a strong knowledge of account workflows (Journalization of investment transactions, cash and investment position reconciliations, and period closes.
- Assess client accounting requirements and develop processes for efficient service delivery
- Contribute knowledge and guidance to the development of financial applications
- Communicate with internal and external clients, research and manage client inquiries and data exceptions
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (or at least 6 Accounting credits)
- Minimum of 2-3 years related experience on “buy side” investment firms
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of products including the creation of Word documents, Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations is required.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and communication skills are required.
- Excellent critical thinking and multitasking skills and the ability to maintain focus on multiple priorities with a demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and assignments is required.
- Collaborative and team-based problem-solving skills with the ability to respond to client reporting requirements is essential
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Comfortable working on, and contributing to, a dynamic and evolving software platform.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age or any other protected status. "Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion. Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth." US applicants: Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.