Solution Architect Java Engineer (JR1014133)
- 193 Marsh Wall, London, United Kingdom
Broadridge is looking to hire an experienced Solutions Architect to join their UK Engineering Team. The successful candidate will be a key member of a large Global engineering team, working across the business to modernize and enhance existing applications and develop new business solutions. You will participate in all aspects of architecture, design and development. You will work with stakeholders, different application owners, developers, and infrastructure architects/ engineers to design solutions using API, Microservices and Cloud enabled technologies.
This is a senior role where you will be required to communicate with a diverse range of colleagues from business executives to engineers, the ability to articulate technical information in a form suitable to a diverse audience is critical.
The responsibilities of the role are:
- Produce architecture and high level designs suitable for different audience; engineers business executives and clients.
- Work with designers and developers in the team to guide them through the solution implementation.
- Participate in performing Proof of Concept (POC) for various upcoming technologies to fit in business requirement.
- Collaborate with internal and external technical resources to develop overall implementation strategy and drive the solution, customization, and integration efforts.
- Contribute to driving architecture strategy to keep it aligned with the enterprise architecture.
- Establish technical standards, including SW coding standards, tools, and platforms where they do not exist
- Drive reuse, standards, architecture best practices, and longer term value of the architecture role.
- Strong Experience across Event Driven messaging middleware , Micro Services Architecture and API driven Architecture.
- Strong Experience across Kafka Event stream, Spring Framework, Relational and noSQL Databases
- Experience in containers-based solution ex. PCF, Kubernetes, Docker, Openshift etc.
- Strong knowledge in applying patterns such as Object Oriented, Integration, and application design patterns.
- User level Knowledge of DevOps tools like Jira, Confluence, Jenkins , Maven , Github , Terraforms
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative and make things happen
- Leadership skills
- Coordinate with other project teams and team members at onsite and offshore
- Knowledge of the finance industry
- Knowledge of post trade processing
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
"Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion.
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth."