Junior SQL Database Programmer/Analyst (JR997891)
- 51 Mercedes Way, Edgewood, NY
Broadridge is hiring. We are looking for our next Junior SQL Database Programmer/Analyst based out of our Deer Park, NY location. This is a Technology based role that will enable you to partner with the business team, define the requirements, assuring the realization of business benefits and supporting the business process. Are you a self starter who is passionate about analyzing and enhancing technology solutions? If you're striving to work among a growing and dynamic team, we would love you to read below.
- Promote a professional work environment and adhere to all Broadridge’s policies
- Broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to architect a solution by mapping USPS requirements to BR model.
- Design, develop and implement Access Database solutions and excel solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access (including tables, forms, report design, SQL scripting and VBA programming).
- Strong ability to write code (SQL, VBA) and integrate software programs.
- Act as a liaison between Logistics, Broadridge IT/Systems groups, and outside technology vendors.
- Manage internal, departmental databases and perform regular maintenance as needed.
- Solve database issues as needed.
- Develop systemic technology solutions to help automate departmental processes.
- Good interpersonal skills. Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills. Must be able to effectively multi-task and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently, communicate effectively and concisely, demonstrate high level of personal accountability, lead collaboratively, and apply critical thinking and sound judgment when faced with unstructured situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent
- 1-5 years Database Programming experience
- Experience using SQL, MS Access, VBA
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- The candidate must be able to work alone under minimal supervision with tight deadlines and be a motivated self-starter
- Comfort and experience interacting and communicating with Sr. Leadership
- Excellent oral and written communication skills desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- You will receive an excellent benefits package which starts as of date of hire, including comprehensive healthcare (medical/prescription drug, dental, and vision), wellness benefits, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, disability benefits, 401k with company match and much more.
- You’ll enjoy a generous paid time off program including vacation, personal holidays, sick time and paid company holidays.
Why should you join Broadridge?
- Since 2015, Broadridge has been named by FORTUNE as one of the 'World's Most Admired Companies.'
- We have also been rated as a 'Best Company to Work for' in NY State for 10 consecutive years.
- More than 5,000 brands entrust us to deliver essential communications to their clients.
- We will provide you with a platform to build strong professional working relationships with clients, fellow associates and management.