Project Manager (JR1016417)
- 1155 Long Island Ave, Edgewood, NY
Broadridge is hiring! We currently have a full time direct hire opening for a Project Manager that will be based out of our Kansas City office. This is an excellent opportunity to support our Investor Communications Division and it's key technology Application Development initiatives.
In this role, you will serve as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Anticipates and meets, or exceeds, internal and/or external customer expectations and requirements; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect. Possesses expertise in the business unit(s) they support, as well as, an understanding of the IT organization’s systems and capabilities. Implement formal and informal processes for integration of project/process management activity with other key organizational functions. Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology. Extracts and integrates data for modeling and analysis to facilitate business planning decisions. Educates the IT organization on the direction of the business. Design, develop and implement processes, procedures and tools to support the efficient implementation and management of multi-functional initiatives and activity including scope definition and management, work plan development, prioritization, resource planning and allocation, communication, monitoring and evaluation. Translates medium level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to such specifications
Ability to interact with all levels in addition to the ability to conceptualize, plan and execute project plans. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Must be detail oriented, highly motivated, and flexible. Demonstrable ability to handle time effectively and meet bold deadlines.
- Ensures methodologies, delivery processes, and implementation management processes are followed
- Manages project schedule, scope, and budget
- Drives risk and issue management and resolution
- Provides clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Comfortably facilitates and handles project communication with project team, stakeholders, and senior management
- Works closely with multiple departments and teams and drives successful project delivery
- Evaluates and summarizes weekly project reports for upper management
- Manages multiple projects and assignments
- Promptly escalate to management any key project risks and issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent subject area
- 3+ years of project management experience within an Information Technology Organization; managing complex projects or multiple projects combined into a program with demonstrated success
Prior experience working in both Agile and Waterfall processes
Self starter, excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to resolve conflicts.
- Proficient in MS Project, MS-Excel and Power Point
- Proven track record for delivering results
- Prior work with Confluence and Jira a plus
- Experienced with Scrum methodology a plus
- PMI, PMP or equivalent certification a plus #LI-ME1