Sorting Machine Operator (JR1016656)
- 125 Ellington Road, South Windsor, CT
Broadridge is growing! We are actively seeking a Sorting Machine Operator for our South Windsor, CT Location. In this role, you will be responsible for operating high-speed mail sortation equipment. You will consistently look for opportunities to improve quality to ensure orders are completed correctly and on time.
You will identify and troubleshoot problems that occur within the operations environment and suggest ways to improve the process. You will approach projects and decisions with the end in mind, understand the impact decisions can have on the team, and assume responsibility for communicating, promoting, and incorporating the printing environment.
- The setup and operation of high speed, automated computer controlled presort equipment.
- Prepare mail for acceptance by the Post Office and ensure all internal and external customer requirements are met.
Skill Sets Required:
- Ability to ensure quality products throughout the process and handle pressure effectively to ensure the service provided meets client expectations.
- Demonstrated skill working in a team environment with various personality types to get the work done. Ability to relate well, build consensus and show respect and consideration for others.
- The ability to carry up to 40 pounds is required.
- Ability to work flexible hours/schedule.
- Maintain professional appearance and adhere to the dress code.
- High School diploma or equivalent education and experience required.
- Knowledge of a production environment. Ability to apply production procedures to day-to-day operations.
- Ability to operate a PC and be literate in using application software such as Windows, Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Strong communication, analytical skills and organizational skills; thorough and attentive to details; able to prioritize and multitask, and recognize the importance of deadlines.