Director of Collections (JR1010269)
- 1155 Long Island Ave, Edgewood, NY
We are actively seeking a Credit & Collections Director to lead our Credit Administration team in our Deer Park office. In this role, your responsibilities will include: cash applications, refund processing, collection agency placement, write off process, credit hold process, bankruptcy process, new client establishment, and reporting. Additionally, you will drive the strategic direction of Financial Operations by leading, executing and implementing change around process reengineering, automation, centralization, smart-shoring and technology. You will review existing processes (non-Oracle and Oracle), evaluate and recommend opportunities to enhance processes and procedures improving efficiency, accuracy or user experience, and executing on selected enhancements/improvements. You will play a key role in driving improvement to AR metrics such as DSO, AR, and Cash.
If you're looking for an opportunity to apply your strong leadership and process improvement skills with a hard-working team, we want to hear from you!
- Leading staff of 5-10 including, but not limited to hiring, corrective action, performance appraisals, review and approval of timesheets, etc. Ensuring staff is properly cross trained, and coverage is maintained, motivate and develop
- Using domain expertise within billing and/or credit & collections functions for Shared Services Financial Operations; continuing to build upon existing knowledge and develop new knowledge for areas within Financial Operations
- Detailing all processes, procedures and providing necessary training of associates
- Balancing centralized process supporting invoice delivery via client portals; evolving and automating processes.
- Facilitating/leading definition of project scope, business case, goals, resources needed and deliverables.
- Issuing regular reporting on daily, weekly, monthly basis; establishing and publishing metrics
- Ensuring month end deliverables and all processes are efficiently, timely and accurately executed
- Coordinating data from appropriate sources such as collectors is timely. Working with supervisors as needed
- Seeking external knowledge and training to improve current processes; working on projects to drive efficiency, accuracy and improved AR metrics such as Cash and Aged AR; attending relevant conferences, seminars as appropriate
- Finding opportunities for increased efficiency, improved accuracy, and increased collections
- Providing ad-hoc analysis, reporting, as needed
- Leading workflow for all extensions of department resources, such as collection agencies, HYD team, BLR team, etc.
- Being the primary owner of AR integration of all acquisitions, including monitoring of AR and cash prior to Oracle integration, coordination of required deliverables to integrate to Oracle and handing off to Collections team post integration
- 15 years Collections or Financial Operations experience/ demonstrated history of leading change to improve metrics
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Business related area
- Expertise in integrated Oracle EBS preferred; Oracle Advanced Collections experience a plus
- Since 2015, Broadridge has been named by FORTUNE as one of the World's Most Admired Companies, achieving #1 ranking in the Financial Data Services category in 2019. We were honored to have joined the S&P 500 Index in June, 2018.
- 2019 marks the 12th consecutive year we’ve been rated one of the "Best Places to work in New York" by SHRM.
- Broadridge values diversity and inclusion. We have won several global diversity/inclusion awards including Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality, Bronze Award in the Opportunity Now Benchmark and the Women's Forum of New York, among others.
- We will provide you with a platform to build strong professional working relationships with clients, fellow associates and management.
- We’re serious about team member well-being and lifelong learning. You will receive an excellent benefits package which starts as of date of hire, including comprehensive health & wellness benefits, company paid life and disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and much more.
- You’ll enjoy a generous paid time off program including vacation, sick time, personal & company holidays, and time off with pay for volunteer-related activities.