Software Engineer (JR1010190)
- 605 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10158, USA
Fast-paced, quality-driven FinTech start-up seeks a Software Quality Assurance Engineer with a Computer Science background and development experience to perform automated and manual testing, as well as assist in coding and maintaining a Java-based automation framework. This QA Engineer with Development skills will have strong analytical skills to master the financial business logic that drives the complex software applications evaluated by the Quality Assurance team, as well as the ability to code the automation framework that is being custom built to test both in QA and Dev Integration environments. Experience with Selenium and Cucumber testing tools is desirable, as well as basic understanding of and interest in the financial markets and securities trading.
The candidate for this QA Automation Engineer position has:
- Superior skills in coding in Java, as well as scripting languages such as Python.
- Experience in and knowledge of SQL and noSQL databases is required; the candidate will need to understand and work iteratively with complex data sets and models.
- Experience creating and executing message-driven tests. Knowledge of and experience testing FIX protocol is especially desirable.
- Strong ability to devise and accommodate test strategies that can be executed timely in an agile SDLC. This Software Engineer will apply good common sense and solid mastery of automation tools, including Selenium or Cucumber, to deliver test results generated from a complete and sensible set of regression tests. Ability to understand priorities is important; efficient delivery of QA results is key when working within the short timeframe of agile two-week sprints.
- Two to five years of experience in QA for a financial firm, or recent B.A. or B.S. graduates with a strong record of achievement and success in learning to code in a Computer Science program.
Other desirable experience includes:
- Knowledge of the financial markets, including fixed income instruments and trading life cycle;
- Devising/configuring integration tests, to ensure the newly built modules are integrated properly with their source systems and are robust enough for accurate, speedy delivery to the downstream consumers;
- Familiarity and sensitivity to the Customer UI experience so that usability becomes part of the QA testers’ analytical toolset.
The QA Engineer professional we seek for our exciting new product exhibits a keen sense of end-to-end ownership of the quality of that product, organizing his/her assigned tasks with care, attention to detail under pressure, and respect for target delivery dates. He/she enjoys working with a small, talented team but has an independent mindset to champion our Customers’ experience of quality as the foremost group deliverable.