Associate Analyst, Product Management
- 510 Burrard St, Vancouver, BC V6C 3A8, Canada
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop a thorough understanding of his/her products’ in today’s market space. Regular meetings with clients, prospects, Broadridge associates, securities industry utilities (e.g. CDS, TMX) and other securities professionals are a means to accomplish this. Gathering competitive information and staying in the forefront of industry forums and trade shows is important. The Product Manager exercises judgment as to how the product should be positioned in the market and advocates a vision for the product. S/he will be assigned specific product directions, as needed, by the Director of Product.
- Develop plans and schedules in collaboration with the team of development and business analysts and ensures that the products delivered meet Broadridge’s quality standards as well as required timeline.
- Provide internal and external stakeholders with timely information on the status of all identified development items.
- Meet regularly (at least annually) with existing clients in order to provide them with up to date information on the availability and evolution of assigned products. The Product Manager may also be asked to host focus group, working group, and/or info session for clients on the initiatives that S/he is working on.
- Leverage his/her knowledge of the industry and assigned products in order to assist in marketing events and to win new business. This would include making presentations to prospects on his/her products.
- May be required to perform the duties of a Business Analyst, especially on more complex initiatives that would require considerable product and industry expertise.
- As part of his/her P&L duties, the Product Manager will be the first point of contact for the product line’s billable development items. Working with the team, s/he would provide recommendation on whether the client’s request should be pursued, prepare a high level estimate of required work effort, and create business requirements document when needed.
- Travel may be required for this position.
- University degree in Computer Science or Business Administration
- Excellent time management, communications, leadership and decision making skills
- Self-starter, able to initiate relationships, processes and planning with minimal supervision
- Ability to negotiate effectively internally and externally
- Experience with two or more of the following: Dataphile, BPS, Wealth Management Platforms (RPM, Univeris, ISM, etc.), Portfolio Management Systems (Croesus, Toogood, Harmony, etc.)
- Strong understanding of SDLC
Years of Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in the financial/brokerage industry
- > 3 years of product management / business analysis experience preferably in a financial software company