Lead Software Engineer (JR1007279)
- 2600 Southwest Blvd., Kansas City, MO
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is hiring a Lead Software Engineer in our Kansas City office. You will be responsible for leading projects with the software development team, writing clean, secure code and providing architectural recommendations on the design of the software. You will provide overall application design, solutioning, and oversee integrations with external applications.
Delivers high quality software, on-time, following Broadridge SDLC processes.
Works within and across teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies.
Builds and maintains CI\CD pipeline in different environments.
Ensures technical & security best practices along with Broadridge standards are adhered to on continuous basis.
Translates business requirements into technical designs.
Troubleshoots production issues as needed and provides on-call support.
Plays the role of Technical Lead as well as an Application Architect for development projects.
Leads technical design sessions and works closely with multiple teams to review work (architecture, code, etc.) for multiple projects.
Provides technical leadership to developers in a variety of duties including data design, coding, testing, technical design, development, and troubleshooting.
Carries out code reviews and contributes to technical solutions for software development projects.
Understands dependencies between software and other parts of the processing stack.
Handles technical implementation, code quality and overall productivity of the development team
Owns, communicates and sets expectations of day to day work of the developers (off-shore and on-shore)
Plays a lead role in meetings between Business, QA, and Infrastructure teams to provide technical leadership/guidance and help coordinate to remove impediments/roadblocks
Provides estimates of all priority and non-priority projects along with recommended scope or schedule changes based on capacity and unforeseen challenges
Tracks progress against project plan
Identifies potential issues while staying focused on identified priorities.
Collaborates with peers and other technical teams, such as other development teams, Architecture, TSS.
Guides more junior associates through established processes.
Assists in hiring top talent and in the performance reviews of team members, identifying areas of improvement.
Inspires, mentors and trains development team on modern technologies continuously.
Works with senior leaders of the development team to architect solutions with technical vision, maintainability and
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent discipline
- 8-10+ years of application programming and/or hands-on technical application architecture experience
- In-depth knowledge and experience with technical systems and available solutions.
- Ability to work expertly in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Able to adapt and embrace change.
- Extensive experience performing analysis, design, development, and debugging functions related to business applications. This will include conceptual experience related to servers, networking, operating systems, and relational databases.
- Moderate to advanced skills in writing C and Java applications on Linux based systems.
- Extensive knowledge in perl, SQL, XML, regular expressions.
- Experience writing job control system / workload automation applications.
- Functional skills – Application Development Life Cycle / Waterfall and Agile Development, System Design and Architecture, DevOps / Deployment automation
- Passionate teammate who understands and respects personal & cultural differences
- Ability to work under pressure and be highly adaptable.
- Strong written and communications skills for collaboration with various teams and upper management.
- Solid analytical skills, especially in area of translating business requirements into technical design – with a continuous focus on aligning technical roadmap with the immediate and long-term Business strategy
- Knowledge of software design patterns/architecture like Micro-services, Layered pattern, etc.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
“Our Associate Matter, Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion, Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth.”