VP - Corporate Counsel (JR1009089)
- 283-299 Market St, Newark, NJ
Broadridge is growing! We are actively recruiting for a dynamic VP, Corporate Counsel to join our growing legal team in Newark, NJ. In this role, you will be responsible for negotiating business transactions and providing legal guidance and counsel to all levels of management in the conduct of business for all areas of our organization.
This is your opportunity to join a fast-growing fintech organization where you will make a difference!
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Preparing, reviewing and negotiating contracts involving master services agreements, services schedules, statements of work, amendments, addenda, purchases, sales, strategic alliances, licenses, and other legal documents.
- Reviewing business practices and policies, and advising management of potential risks.
- Researching and analyzing various legal issues and advising business leaders.
- Supporting and advising business development and sales teams in crafting and selling new products and services.
- Carrying out broad and complex assignments requiring comprehensive knowledge of the legal field.
- Evaluating matters which may have a major bearing on the conduct of our organization's business.
- Valid license to practice law and a member in good standing New Jersey
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as a corporate or transactional lawyer in a top tier law firm
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation experience is required
- Skilled at communicating, both verbally and in writing, with customers and at the senior leadership-level
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously within strict deadlines and with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to participate as a member of a team, assisting in other projects as needed or as assigned job
- J.D. from a premier law school
- Since 2015, Broadridge has been named by FORTUNE as one of the World's Most Admired Companies, achieving #1 ranking in the Financial Data Services category in 2019.
- We were honored to have joined the S&P 500 Index in June, 2018.
- 2019 marks the 12th consecutive year we’ve been rated one of the "Best Places to work in New York" by SHRM.
- Broadridge values diversity and inclusion. We have won several global diversity/inclusion awards including Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality, Bronze Award in the Opportunity Now Benchmark and the Women's Forum of New York, among others.
- We will provide you with a platform to build strong professional working relationships with clients, fellow associates and management.
- You will receive an excellent benefits package which starts as of date of hire, including comprehensive healthcare (medical/prescription drug, dental, and vision), wellness benefits, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, disability benefits, 401k with company match and much more.
- You’ll enjoy a generous paid time off program including vacation, sick time, personal & company holidays, and time off with pay for volunteer-related activities.