Financial Analyst (JR1008736)
- London, UK
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
- Revenue modelling and forecasting
- Monthly sales and revenue reporting for 3 entities – working closely with the sales, product teams and the business.
- Work with the UK finance team during month end close to ensure everything has been captured (cost and revenue accruals)
- Controlling intercompany costs ensuring that recharges are correct each month.
- Cost and revenue variance analysis – communicating changes to US FP&A team.
- Coordinating with the billing team with regards to sending out client invoices, and ensuring GL and revenue model reconciles each month.
- Track changes to GMI consortium – new sales, loss of members etc.
- Track MIM consortium details in accordance with ex-directors earn out contract.
- Help with AP related queries and help with getting new vendors set up.
- Reviewing and routing AP invoices through Markview.
- Cash flow management – ensuring bank accounts are adequately financed to meet expense obligations.
- Escalating aged debtors on request, coordinating with client account managers and clients.
- Hold monthly client account manager meetings and weekly catch up calls to discuss clients.
- Coordinate with teams for renewals of contracts – ensure client account managers are involved and renewals occur in a timely manner.
- Managing an associate who has sales and client management responsibilities
- Month End Closing – all three entities
- Review cost accruals and request adjustments (releases or increases) if required
- Review intercompany cross-charges and pass to the business for approvals
- Review P&L reports with FP&A team against forecast, and discuss variances
- Provide bank statements for any residual bank accounts (just one remains now)
- Client Invoicing – GMIMW and FBFUK
- Maintain detailed invoicing & revenue forecast in a spreadsheet
- Review this forecast and BroadForce closed sales reports to establish which client require invoicing each month
- Confirm renewal invoices with our sales team
- Request setup of any new clients, or updates to existing client details, in Oracle
- Send invoicing details for both GMIMW and FBFUK entities to invoicing team (Mike Quinn)
- Review invoices produced and confirm any changes if required
- Review accounts receivable on a roughly bi-weekly basis with collections team, and assist in resolving any collection issues/customer queries as required
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified;
- Degree in Finance/Accounting
- Consistent delivery of high levels of productivity, efficiency and quality;
- Astute attention to detail;
- Proactive in seeking new work challenges to support own department and business;
- The ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships, fostering teamwork and gaining the confidence and trust of others;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently;
- Experience of handling multiple demands and competing priorities, even in complex situations and projects;
- The ability to deal constructively with unexpected challenges or sudden changes in priorities;
- Experience with Fintech/Software companies an advantage;
- Preferable experience of US GAAP;
- Advanced Excel skills a minimum requirement (e.g. competent in the use of pivots).
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
“Our Associate Matter, Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion, Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth.”