Administrative Assistant- Center of Excellence in Health and Wellness
- 13801 York Rd, Cockeysville, MD 21030, USA
Join Broadmead (the oldest continuing care retirement community in Maryland) and their brand new Center of Excellence in Health & Wellness! This state-of-the-art Health and Wellness Center utilizes a holistic approach to wellness through a variety of offerings for the 500+ residents of Broadmead, the 300+ employees of Broadmead and older adult members from Baltimore County and other neighboring communities. Fitness, aquatics, group exercise, massage, acupuncture, community volunteer program, spiritual wellness, manicures, pedicures, arts and ceramics are all examples of programs or services the Center of Excellence in Health and Wellness provides. The center adopts a personalized approach for every participant to help them on their health and wellness journey.
The administrative assistant is a pivotal component of the overall success of the Center of Excellence in Health & Wellness. This position provides the administrative support to make many of the programs run successfully. We are looking for positive and enthusiastic candidates that excel in customer service, organization, and computer skills and thrives in a multitasked oriented environment.
Highlights of Job Description
Under supervision, incumbent is responsible for performing all of the duties associated with the Reception Desk of the Center of Excellence in Health and Wellness.
1. Maintains full knowledge of all the offerings of the Health and Wellness Center and is able to answer questions and sign-up new participants.
2. Greets all visitors or callers in a friendly and professional manner, with a clear and distinct voice, and provides directions and assistance as appropriate.
4. Maintains an appropriate manner with residents, visitors, and staff, always keeping in mind that they are an extremely important link in effective communications as well as often the first impression to Broadmead.
5. Maintains the membership files of all participants.
6. Responsible for assisting and processing payments for the salon, spa, membership and more.
Community Calendars, online Resident Engagement program and in-house TV channels:
7. Responsible for managing the community calendar, both in-print and online.
8. Assists in the overall management of the online resident engagement and communication program.
9. Assists in the overall management of the in-house TV channels and related programs.
10. Receives and processes room and calendars reservation requests for activities, meetings, programs, events and special functions. Communicates with related departments and resident groups as necessary.
· Requires a high school education and three years’ experience in an administrative or clerical field.
· Comprehensive knowledge of office machines and equipment.
· Proficient and experienced with computer skills and knowledge. (Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Outlook, Google Drive, plus several other program specific software are used in this position)
· Comprehensive knowledge of human relations skills necessary in dealing effectively with residents, staff, and the general public.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Comprehensive knowledge of Broadmead policies, procedures, and philosophy of operations.
· Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks/situations simultaneously.
Ability to remain calm in emergencies.
Dependability and Initiative Expectations
Reports to work each day on time and as scheduled.
Participates in appropriate in-service education, meeting State in-service requirements.
Actively participates in required meetings, arriving on time unless prior arrangements have been made.
Takes initiative in performing job as evidenced by offering new ideas solutions, informing supervisor of potential problems/hazards, using time, equipment, and supplies efficiently, assuming extra duties willingly, and participating in educational programs to keep abreast of new developments, procedures, and technologies.
Complies with organization’s policies and procedures.
Customer Service Expectations
Agrees to abide by the CSI (Customer Service Initiative) guidelines as outlined in the CSI Training Program.
Corporate Compliance Expectations
Agrees to abide by the Standard of Community Excellence during my employment at Broadmead.
Responsible for reporting any alleged or suspected violation of the Standards of Community Excellence.
- Adheres to the Organizations Policies & Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.