Community Marketing and Sales Specialist- Full-Time (BM#819)
- 13801 York Rd, Cockeysville, MD 21030, USA
Join our caring and compassionate team that make up the fabric of our community. As part of the Quaker values Broadmead appreciates the contribution of every individual employee. To reflect this, Broadmead offers competitive wages and generous benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, paid leave, and retirement plans.
This is a Full-Time Exempt Position (40 hrs a week)
Monday through Friday (9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m).
This position plays a significant role in helping the community meet and/or exceed their marketing and sales goals for external business services and supports. Primary responsibility for sales and marketing of the Community for Life program. Future responsibilities may include sales and marketing for Friends Circle and Centers of Excellence in Dementia Care and Health/Wellness. This position analyzes various business metrics to determine the prospect’s viability and next best step in the sales and marketing process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Interact with prospects through a variety of sales activities that include daily phone outs, face-to-face sales meeting, emails, mail outs, home drops and group sales.
2. Influence prospects with strategic messages, tactics, talking points, events, etc.
3. Develop and sustain customer relationships that result in the achievement of budgeted goals.
4. Conduct extensive follow up, follow-thru activities and retention programs.
5. Conduct phone sales that increase the quality and quantity of appointments attended by prospective residents
6. Manage the integrity of our Customer Relationship Management database information & reports by promptly inputting data and by using the system effectively to manage individually assigned lead base
7. Meets and exceeds established sales expectations
8. Ensures that all new and existing prospect inquiries are consistently managed in accordance with designated time frames
9. Ability to meet client needs which may include evenings and weekends
10. Communicate effectively with key influencers impacting the buying decision
11. Organizes marketing events as directed by the VP of Sales and Marketing
12. Understand and articulately represent all documents related to Broadmead business units.
13. When appropriate and necessary, will work with other department directors/management staff on interdepartmental matters and represent the marketing office in a professional manner.
14. Articulately communicate in both verbal and written format including facilitating small and large group presentations.
15. Assume responsibility for personal work areas and maintain area in a neat and professional manner.
16. Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
17. Ensures any sensitive resident data is shared in accordance with Broadmead established HIPAA policies and procedures.
18. Develops and implements a community relations strategy. Serve as primary representative with referral sources and other publics.
19. Creates new and services existing relationships with professional referral sources
20. Participate in local organizations identified as bringing value by making presentations and joining as a member where appropriate.
21. Prepares and maintains accurate and timely reports as required.
22. Stays updated about relevant operational, competitive and company information in order to respond effectively to prospect inquiries and community contacts.
23. Provide information and education to healthcare professionals, facilities, organizations and consumers regarding services offered.
24. Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the community, healthcare facilities and referral sources appropriate for our various business units.
25. Develop and maintain relationships with discharge planners, case managers, social workers, physicians and other healthcare professionals that utilize Home Care services by regularly conducting sales visits to those referral sources to assist them in identifying those appropriate for services resulting in increase in clients served by business entities.
26. Represent our various business units at health fairs, community functions and participate in community events.
27. Provide regular reporting to management on sales metrics.
28. Will train and serve as a back-up for the Sales and Residency Counselor position.
29. Performs all other duties as assigned.
30. Accountable for promoting internal customer service.
31. Abide by the organization’s code of conduct in the performance of their duties.
· Bachelor's degree preferred in a related field and three years' experience working in sales/marketing or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 1 year of demonstrated experience in Home or Healthcare Sales preferred.
· Knowledge of persuasive and consultative selling techniques to strategically influence customer decisions preferred.
· Ability -to learn new products and offerings, and effectively present unique benefits to a broad customer base.
· Ability to work independently with limited-oversight and direction.
· Ability to change/adjust marketing and sales techniques and sales tactics and strategies to meet the unique needs of each prospect.
· Ability to understand, effectively communicate, and market multiple business units.
· Ability to consistently contribute to a professional and cohesive work environment.
· Willingness and ability to learn new processes, continuously improve marketing and sales skills and adapt to a constantly changing environment and customer base.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills.
· Excellent computer skills and a proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database management is preferred.
· Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to communicate and present in person, in writing and on the telephone. Must be an effective presenter with both large and small groups.
· Good communication and relationship development skills.
· Organized and able to self-motivate in achieving sales goals.
· Must have a personal vehicle and a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
· Must have familiarity with utilizing various social media platforms such as Facebook, Linked In and Instagram.
Must be able to read, understand and communicate in the English language.
· Ability to hear, see and speak adequately (with or without accommodations) to perform the essential functions of the job
· Ability to perform repetitive movement actions including walking, standing and sitting for long periods of time to adequately perform the essential functions of the job
· Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
Ability to work in inside and outdoor environmental conditions.
Dependability and Initiative Expectations:
Reports to work each day on time and as scheduled.
Participates in appropriate in-service education, meeting State in-service requirements.
Actively participates in required meetings, arriving on time unless prior arrangements have been made.
Takes initiative in performing job as evidenced by offering new ideas solutions, informing supervisor of potential problems/hazards, using time, equipment, and supplies efficiently, assuming extra duties willingly, and participating in educational programs to keep abreast of new developments, procedures, and technologies.
Complies with organization’s policies and procedures.
Customer Service Expectations:
Agrees to abide by the CSI (Customer Service Initiative) guidelines as outlined in the CSI Training Program.
Corporate Compliance Expectations:
Agrees to abide by the Standard of Community Excellence during my employment at Broadmead.
Responsible for reporting any alleged or suspected violation of the Standards of Community Excellence.
Lifestyle Program Expectations:
You are committed to caring for the whole person, body, mind, and spirit.
You embrace the resident lifestyle philosophy with the residents, their families, and those with whom you work.
You recognize that your work makes a difference in the lives of those with whom you care.
You realize that those with whom you care depend on you.
You are committed to working as a team player.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities to perform each duty proficiently. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
The Level of access to residents’ medical information will be determined based on the duties of their job and the employees will be trained on appropriate security levels.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.