GNA/CMT – Part Time 3p-11p (BM#817/818)
- 13801 York Rd, Cockeysville, MD 21030, USA
Joining our team, you will have the ability to make a difference in the life of another through compassionate care and encouragement. Here at Broadmead we have a wonderful sense of team. You will interact with all health services disciplines including therapy, dining, lifestyle and social work. The perfect candidate will have the opportunity to receive educational in-services, assistance with CMT certification, grow within your profession and the ability to complete the Certified Dementia Practitioner 8 hour course.
Join our caring and compassionate team that make up the fabric of our community. As part of the Quaker values Broadmead appreciates the contribution of every individual employee. To reflect this, Broadmead offers competitive wages and generous benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, paid leave, and retirement plans.
This is a Part Time 3p-11p position.
Under the supervision of Director of Nursing, provides delegated technical resident care and assists with shift routines including accurately administering and documenting medications. The incumbent will accurately administer documents, medications ordered by medical staff. Will performs all tasks as indicated within the Geriatric Nursing Assistant’s job description. The CMT performs various resident care activities and related services essential to caring for personal needs and comfort of residents. The CMT must be able to care for adult and geriatric patients. The CMT functions may not exceed standards of practice as accorded by certification.
1. Administers resident medications according to Broadmead’s policies and procedures without significant errors
2. Administers medication with knowledge of action, route of administration, side effects and contraindications
3. Administers medications to the assigned residents within the timeframe noted in nursing care policies and procedures
4. Administers prescribed routine oral, topical, suppositories and optic medications as ordered by the physician
5. Maintains accurate medication administration records as per established procedures; signs of medication as they are given
6. Performs pulse and blood pressure measurements, and documents in MAR as needed prior to medication administration and reports and changes to the charge nurse
7. Gives complete reports to charge nurse as needed during the day and at the end of the shift
8. Provides safe, direct physical care of the resident and follows established safety precautions in the performance of all duties (including use of mechanical lift with 2 persons at all times)
9. Performs documentation timely and accurately on flow sheets and other applicable forms of all delegated and routine care activities
10. Maintains clean, safe and orderly resident environment by keeping the area clean and disposing of soiled, contaminated items
11. Provides for overall protection of residents and facility by carefully adhering to Standard Precautions and practices and all other infection control policy and procedures
12. Reports malfunctioning, broken, or hazardous equipment or conditions to the nurse and/or maintenance
13. Obtains and records accurately vital signs, intake and output, and weights as ordered
14. Assists residents in activities of daily living
15. Assists nurses, physicians and other interdisciplinary team members by preparing residents for specific procedures/treatments/activities
16. Makes rounds on assigned residents every 2 hours and as needed for the purpose of identifying resident needs such as turning and positioning and checking for continence status
17. Answers call lights in a timely manner
18. Responsible for having residents up, dressed, toileted and ready for all appointments including but not limited to medical appointments, therapy, daily therapeutic recreation programs
19. Cleans utility rooms, pantry and all other work areas when needed or as assigned
20. Abide by the Neighborhood Approach to caring for people living with a memory challenge or diagnosis, to include:
a. Being present during all meal times to assist with dining services, bring residents to eating areas or delivering to resident’s rooms.
b. Ensuring that special diets are served in accordance with the prescribed diet, including fluid, responsible for meal accuracy prior to delivery.
c. Monitor all likes and dislikes and problems with chewing/swallowing etc.
d. Communicate pertinent information daily to AM/PM Host/Hostess, supervisor and/or dietician.
e. Assist with serving meals and beverages collaboratively with the Host/Hostess or as needed based on resident request.
f. Ensure proper server and food handling.
21. Insures optimal clinical care of residents by carefully following nursing procedures
22. Accountable for promoting internal customer service.
23. Abide by the organization’s code of conduct in the performance of their duties
24. Perform other related duties as required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of Geriatric Nursing Assistant course approved by the state of Maryland
- Certificate from an approved Certified Medication Technician course in the state of Maryland.
- Must maintain a current certification as a GNA and CMT.
- Minimum of one year’ experience a memory care setting, neighborhood or Household model of care experience a plus.
- Successful completion of a 8 hour Dementia Training Course - Broadmead offers an 8-hour Certified Dementia Course and completion meets this requirement (other 8-hour certificates will be accepted on an individual basis).
- Current CPR/First Aid required.
- Possess the ability to communication and deal tactfully with personnel
- Must be able to work harmoniously with other personnel
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be knowledgeable in nursing assistant’s duties and use of equipment
- Must be able to read, write and speak English in an understandable manner
- Ability to hear, see and speak adequately (with or without accommodations) to perform the essential functions of the job
- Ability to perform repetitive movement actions including walking, standing and sitting for long periods of time to adequately perform the essential functions of the job
- Ability to be able to lift a minimum for 50 pounds
- Ability to work in inside environmental conditions
- Must be able to move throughout the work day in response to needs of residents and unit
- Must be able to cope with interruptions, be flexible and a team player
Dependability and Initiative Expectations
Reports to work each day on time and as scheduled.
Participates in appropriate in-service education, meeting State in-service requirements.
Actively participates in required meetings, arriving on time unless prior arrangements have been made.
Takes initiative in performing job as evidenced by offering new ideas solutions, informing supervisor of potential problems/hazards, using time, equipment, and supplies efficiently, assuming extra duties willingly, and participating in educational programs to keep abreast of new developments, procedures, and technologies.
Complies with organization’s policies and procedures.
Customer Service Expectations
Agrees to abide by the CSI (Customer Service Initiative) guidelines as outlined in the CSI Training Program.
Corporate Compliance Expectations
Agrees to abide by the Standard of Community Excellence during my employment at Broadmead.
Responsible for reporting any alleged or suspected violation of the Standards of Community Excellence.
- Adheres to the Organizations Policies & Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.