Personal Assistant Associate- Certified
- 13801 York Rd, Cockeysville, MD 21030, USA
Join our caring and compassionate team that make up the fabric of our community. As part of the Quaker values Broadmead appreciates the contribution of every individual employee. To reflect this, Broadmead offers competitive wages and generous benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, paid leave, and retirement plans.
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Geriatric Nursing Assistant (GNA) provides both medical and non-medical services to clients in support of maintaining an independent lifestyle. The CNA/GNA – can reference self as a “friend” based on direction from the resident, The position helps with a variety of opportunities such as: personal care, medication reminders, meal preparation, grocery shopping, errands, accompany resident to appointments, pet care, light housekeeping, light garden care, shopping, calendar management, travel assistance and above all else creating and maintaining a trusting relationships.
· High School diploma or GED required.
· 1 - 2 years’ experience working with older adults preferred.
· A current CNA/GNA Certification within the Maryland Board of Nursing.
· A current CMT Certification within the Maryland Board of Nursing, preferred.
· Must have a valid Class C driver’s license.
· Must be able to operate cars, vans, and SUVs as needed from the Broadmead fleet of vehicles.
· Understanding of basic computer skills and the ability to use technology in scheduling and electronic charting.
Current CPR certification and First AID course within the first 90-days after general orientation through Broadmead to maintain continuing employment in the position.
Dependability and Initiative Expectations
Reports to work each day on time and as scheduled.
Participates in appropriate in-service education, meeting State in-service requirements.
Actively participates in required meetings, arriving on time unless prior arrangements have been made.
Takes initiative in performing job as evidenced by offering new ideas solutions, informing supervisor of potential problems/hazards, using time, equipment, and supplies efficiently, assuming extra duties willingly, and participating in educational programs to keep abreast of new developments, procedures, and technologies.
Complies with organization’s policies and procedures.
Customer Service Expectations
Agrees to abide by the CSI (Customer Service Initiative) guidelines as outlined in the CSI Training Program.
Corporate Compliance Expectations
Agrees to abide by the Standard of Community Excellence during my employment at Broadmead.
Responsible for reporting any alleged or suspected violation of the Standards of Community Excellence.
- Adheres to the Organizations Policies & Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.