Fitness Assistant- Part Time (#830)
- 13801 York Rd, Cockeysville, MD 21030, USA
Join our caring and compassionate team that make up the fabric of our community. As part of the Quaker values Broadmead appreciates the contribution of every individual employee. To reflect this, Broadmead offers competitive wages and generous benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, paid leave, and retirement plans.
1. Assists in the general supervision of usage of the Cardio/fitness room
2. Perform fitness assessments, design workout programs and routines, and provide exercise instruction and guidance to participants in the Cardio/Fitness room
3. Attend scheduled departmental meetings as necessary
4. Ensures residents, members and guests follow posted rules and policies.
5. Develops relationships with residents and members. Maintains an “open door” to members. Answer questions and help resolve member problems and conflicts.
6. Monitor participant’s health needs as appropriate and safety issues in the CoE in Health and Wellness.
7. Monitors participant’s apparent physical, emotional, and mental health and advises the appropriate staff members if changes are observed.
· High school diploma or equivalent. Some formal education in a Physical Education, Exercise Science or a related field is preferred. At least one year experience is preferred in a fitness, gym or athletic setting.
· Holds and maintains a fitness certification (such as ACE, AAFA, ACSM) or becomes certified within 90 days of employment.
· CPR/AED/First Aid certified or the ability to become certified.
· Experience assisting older adults with exercise preferred.
· Experience with adults with physical and cognitive challenges is preferred.
· Knowledge of exercise programs and exercise prescription for individuals.
· Able to respond in an emergency according to Broadmead’s policy and emergency action plan.
Dependability and Initiative Expectations
Reports to work each day on time and as scheduled.
Participates in appropriate in-service education, meeting State in-service requirements.
Actively participates in required meetings, arriving on time unless prior arrangements have been made.
Takes initiative in performing job as evidenced by offering new ideas solutions, informing supervisor of potential problems/hazards, using time, equipment, and supplies efficiently, assuming extra duties willingly, and participating in educational programs to keep abreast of new developments, procedures, and technologies.
Complies with organization’s policies and procedures.
Customer Service Expectations
Agrees to abide by the CSI (Customer Service Initiative) guidelines as outlined in the CSI Training Program.
Corporate Compliance Expectations
Agrees to abide by the Standard of Community Excellence during my employment at Broadmead.
Responsible for reporting any alleged or suspected violation of the Standards of Community Excellence.
- Adheres to the Organizations Policies & Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.