Director of Assisted Living - Exempt (BM#680)
- 13801 York Rd, Cockeysville, MD 21030, USA
Join our caring and compassionate team that make up the fabric of our community. As part of the Quaker values Broadmead appreciates the contribution of every individual employee. To reflect this, Broadmead offers competitive wages and generous benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, paid leave, and retirement plans.
1. Responsible for operations of Assisted Living, ensuring appropriate care, staffing, communication, licensure, and survey management, 24/7.
2. Responsible for the admissions process of assisted living residents, collaborating with residents, family members, care providers, and staff prior to, during and after arrival resulting in a smooth transition of care.
3. Collaborates with the Director of Lifestyle to ensure that an activity program is provided on assisted living so that it promotes dignified and age appropriate cognitive stimulation, physical well-being, physical exercise, and entertainment while ensuring that resident preferences are recognized.
4. Aligns staffing needs to meet organization goals by working with the Staffing Coordinator to ensure resident care is provided 24/7.
5. Oversee the delegating nurse process in order to deliver services identified in the Resident Service Plans. Collaborates with residents, representatives, and staff when determining the needs of additional services or if no longer appropriate for Assisted Living.
6. Ensures and monitors complete, accurate documentation of resident charts in compliance with state and Broadmead requirements, promoting resident confidentiality and the safe handling and storage of records.
7. Responsible for the discharge process of residents to ensure a smooth transition for the resident and family to the next level of care. Coordinates discharge planning process in advance with appropriate departments.
8. Responsible for the hiring and orientation of all new staff and the continued development of assisted living staff. Oversee CMT assessment and training.
9. Develop and implement the annual operating budget. Adhere to the operating and capital budgets, meeting financial targets. Allocate resources as defined by the budget to achieve Broadmead’s goals.
10. Makes routine inspections of the Assisted Living cluster to assure that established policies and procedures are being implemented and followed.
11. Leads assisted living surveys made by authorized government agencies, Friends Services Alliance, and other agencies. Develop and implement a plan of correction for deficiencies noted during the survey inspections.
12. Accountable for promoting internal customer service and culture.
13. Abide by the organization’s code of conduct in the performance of their duties.
14. Perform other related duties as required.
Valid Delegating Nurse certificate in Maryland, preferred
Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of resident population served by this facility, preferred
3 – 5 years’ experience managing an assisted living including memory care, preferred
Professional communication, collaboration, cooperation, and interpersonal skills
Comprehensive knowledge of the Maryland Assisted Living Regulation
General knowledge of computer skills and office procedures
Requires ability to relate effectively with seniors, so as to assist them in visualizing their potential for active, secure, and involved participation in day to day living.
Requires strong abilities in oral and written communications
Experience shifting and growing a culture of engagement, teamwork and consistency within a neighborhood model of support
Has latitude to deal with most problems
Refers unusual problems to supervisor
Ability to work at multiple tasks at the same time
Ensure high quality of care to patients and Broadmead residents through development and implementation of effective policies and procedures
Manage annual budgeted expectations
Positive hospital and provider relationships to support transitions between Broadmead and hospitals
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities to perform each duty proficiently. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
The Level of access to residents’ medical information will be determined based on the duties of their job and the employees will be trained on appropriate security levels.