Accounts Payable Coordinator and Administrative Assistant
- 13801 York Rd, Cockeysville, MD 21030, USA
Join our caring and compassionate team that make up the fabric of our community. As part of the Quaker values Broadmead appreciates the contribution of every individual employee. To reflect this, Broadmead offers competitive wages and generous benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, paid leave, and retirement plans.
1. Enter and process all approved accounts payable invoices.
2. File invoices and related documentation in accordance with Broadmead policy.
3. Make required copies of specific invoices as required by manager and division head.
4. Obtain required signatures and mail checks weekly, in accordance with Broadmead policy.
5. Process manual checks as needed.
6. Send out sales tax exempt certificates to vendors as requested.
7. Monitor disputes with vendors.
8. Close out accounts payable for all entities and reconcile to the general ledger.
9. Run all required reports for month end.
10. Close the AP module at month and year end.
11. Generate and distribute 1099’s for submission, set up new files for the coming year.
12. Perform internal system audits periodically to ensure compliance.
13. Provide administrative support to the Finance Department.
14. Abide by the organization’s code of conduct in the performance of their duties.
15. Perform other related duties as required.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred three to five years of experience in accounts payable. Post-high school education or relevant experience may be substituted for specific accounts payable.
Proficiency in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, plus Adobe.
Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
Adaptable to fast-paced environment.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Has latitude to deal with most problems.
Confers with supervisor on unusual problems.
Dependability and Initiative Expectations
Reports to work area each day on time and as scheduled.
Participates in appropriate in-service education, meeting State in-service requirements.
Actively participates in required meetings, arriving on time unless prior arrangements have been made.
Takes initiative in performing job as evidenced by offering new ideas solutions, informing supervisor of potential problems/hazards, using time, equipment, and supplies efficiently, assuming extra duties willingly, and participating in educational programs to keep abreast of new developments, procedures, and technologies.
Complies with organization’s policies and procedures.
Customer Service Expectations
Agrees to abide by the CSI (Customer Service Initiative) guidelines as outlined in the CSI Training Program.
Corporate Compliance Expectations
Agrees to abide by the Standard of Community Excellence during my employment at Broadmead.
Responsible for reporting any alleged or suspected violation of the Standards of Community Excellence.
Adheres to the Organizations Policies & Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
Lifestyle Program Expectations
You are committed to caring for the whole person, body, mind, and spirit.
You embrace the resident lifestyle philosophy with the residents, their families, and those with whom you work.
You recognize that your work makes a difference in the lives of those with whom you care.
You realize that those with whom you care depend on you.
You are committed to working as a team player.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities to perform each duty proficiently. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
The Level of access to residents’ medical information will be determined based on the duties of their job and the employees will be trained on appropriate security levels.