CMT/CMA - PRN (FC#787)
- 13801 York Rd, Cockeysville, MD 21030, USA
This is a PRN position
Must work 2 shifts per month, 1 shift must be a 8 hrs. week-end , 1 summer holiday and 1 winter holiday - extra shifts when available (refer to PRN Guidelines)
The Certified Medication Technician/Certified Medicine Aide, under the direction of Director of Home Care, provides clients with services in accordance with healthcare provider’s orders regarding medication administration and minor treatments, per state regulations. In addition, may provide personal care including assistance with activities of daily living following the client’s Care Plan.
1. Administers prescribed medications to clients in accordance to orders from the Physicians or Nurse Practitioners. Verifies correct identity of client. Verifies medications are correctly identified;
2. Presents medications to client and observes ingestion or other application.
3. Documents medications were taken or any reason why they were not taken. Documentation may be electronic;
4. Performs personal care activities that assist the Client with activities of daily living which may include (but are not limited to): bathing, dressing, grooming, mouth care, shaving, toileting, transferring and meals as indicated on care plan;
5. May receive supply of medications in the Blister card as ordered by physician and delivered by pharmacy;
6. May assist in minor treatments or application of ointments.
7. Report changes in physical or cognitive status and or changes in the Client’s environment to the Clinical Director or RN Supervisor and
8. Complete documentation of tasks including medications via Telephony
· High School diploma or GED required.
· Must have a valid driver’s license.
· Basic computer skills required.
· Homecare companion experience preferred.
· Have current CPR/First Aid certification.
· Licensed as a Certified Medication Technician/Certified Medicine Aid from the Maryland Board of Nursing.
· Licensed as a Certified Nursing Assistant or Geriatric Nursing Assistant from the Maryland Board of Nursing (some exceptions made).
· Must have a valid Maryland Driver’s license.
· Attends required in-services and trainings, including CPR/First Aid.
· Must have the ability to lift 20 pounds repeatedly during the shift and to move light furniture.
· Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time, walk, bend, twist, stoop, kneel and stretch throughout the shift.
· Must have the ability housekeeping tasks.
· Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality of all resident care information and assure resident’s rights and privacy is protected at all times.
· Must positively interact with residents, co-workers and visitors and display a professional and friendly demeanor.
· Must maintain a professional, neat and clean appearance, adhering to the Friends Circle Dress Code Policy.
· Must be able to work in all types of weather extremes.
· Must have the ability to accurately plan work routine and complete assigned duties.
· Must be able to work in an environment that including providing basic pet care.
· Attend Friends Circle orientation, as required.
· Attend Friends Circle In-Service Training, as required.
Flex Staff (PRN) must provide availably Calendar monthly per policy.
Dependability and Initiative Expectations
Reports to work each day on time and as scheduled;
Participates in appropriate in-service education, meeting State in-service requirements;
Actively participates in required meetings, arriving on time unless prior arrangements have been made;
Takes initiative in performing job as evidenced by offering new ideas, solutions, informing supervisor of potential problems/hazards, using time, equipment and supplies efficiently, assuming extra duties willingly and participating in educational programs to keep abreast of new developments, procedures and technologies and Complies with organization’s policies and procedures.
Customer Service Expectations
- Agrees to abide by customer service guidelines as established by Friends Circle.
Corporate Compliance Expectations
Agrees to abide by the Standard of Community Excellence during employment at Friends Circle;
Responsible for reporting any alleged or suspected violation of the Standards of Community Excellence and
Adheres to the Organizations Policies and Procedures covering privacy and security in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
Lifestyle Program Expectations
You are committed to caring for the whole person, body, mind and spirit;
You embrace the resident lifestyle philosophy with the residents, their families and those with whom you work;
You recognize that your work makes a difference in the lives of those with whom you care;
You realize that those with whom you care depend on you and
You are committed to working as a team player.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities to perform each duty proficiently. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
The level of access to residents’ medical information will be determined based on the duties of their job and the employees will be trained on appropriate security levels.