- 13801 York Rd, Cockeysville, MD 21030, USA
Join our caring and compassionate team that make up the fabric of our community. As part of the Quaker values Broadmead appreciates the contribution of every individual employee. To reflect this, Broadmead offers competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, attractive paid leave, and 401(k) Plan, tuition support, short/long term disability, etc.
1. Performs routine and emergency repairs in residential homes and common areas including painting, drywall installation and finishing, minor carpentry, plumbing and electrical repairs based on work orders designated through the Maintenance Department.
2. Responds to emergency calls for system and equipment failure and follows instructions as directed by the Maintenance Director or Supervisor.
3. Completes all work orders in a timely manner while providing detailed information regarding the task(s) performed along with all prescribed/pertinent equipment information.
4. Will assist other Maintenance personnel when necessary in the completion of various projects or repairs.
5. Assists in providing the Facilities Director with maintaining proper levels of materials/supplies for the community to ensure the timely and efficient completion of necessary tasks.
6. Will be expected to work a reasonable amount of scheduled, on call or emergency overtime as necessary.
7. Will be expected to participate in severe weather tasks including snow removal or removal of debris from flooding or other weather event.
8. Performs additional duties requested by the Facilities Director in order to ensure the effective and efficient operation within the community and specifically skills nursing floor.
9. Accountable for promoting internal customer service.
Abide by the organization’s code of conduct in the performance of their duties
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals to perform the essential functions.
· Must possess a basic working knowledge of residential building maintenance to include, but not be limited to, painting and drywall installation and repair, minor plumbing, electrical and carpentry skills and basic knowledge flooring repair, appliance repair and medical equipment repair such as wheelchairs.
· Basic working knowledge of maintenance equipment and tools.
· Must be able to effectively communicate with residents and staff.
· Must function under general supervision.
· Must be flexible and have integrity.
· Must be able to effectively work in a group or individual setting.
· Requires a minimum of a high school education
· Must possess 1-2 years of maintenance experience in a residential apartment complex, commercial building construction or residential maintenance in a senior living community.
· Has the latitude to cope with most routine, job related problems.
· Ability to prioritize and be flexible with work schedule.
Check with supervisor on unusual problems.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.