Companion - PRN (FC#633)
- 13801 York Rd, Cockeysville, MD 21030, USA
This is a PRN position.
Companions provide non-medical services to the client/patient that enable the client/patient to maintain an independent lifestyle in his/her home and community.
Duties and Responsibilities
Be present in the patient’s/client’s home, at specified hours, to participate in leisure activities according to client plan of care.
Provide emotional support and encouragement for the patient’s independent self-care activities;
Drive/Escort clients to medical facilities, errands, shopping, church, and outings as specified in the care plan. Driving clients in a Broadmead vehicle including any vehicle under class “C” driver’s license.
Perform housekeeping with instrumental activities of daily living includes:
- Food preparation (Shopping/Preparing/Cooking/Serving/Clean up)
- Housecleaning (Changing bed liner/Vacuum/Clean Shower, Tub, Toilet/ Sinks/Counter Tops/ Refrigerators/ straighten up/ dust)
- Laundry (Washing/Drying/Folding/Ironing/hanging)
- Assist with paperwork and organize mail
- Pet care/walk/ clean up after take & vets/groomer
- Ensure client’s safety and security in the home or on outings;
Follow the written care plan;
Report changes in the patient’s physical and/or cognitive status, and/or changes in the patient’s environment to the nursing supervisor;
Complete flow sheets and time sheets during each service visit, and submit flow sheets and time sheets to the office in accordance with Friends Circle policies and procedures and
Participate in team meetings by providing input and making suggestions.
Will work under the supervision of the Director of Home Care or their designee.
Will work with the scheduler to ensure coverage of Clients as needed
Direct supervisor is the Director of Care Services
· High School diploma or GED required;
· Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
· Understanding of basic computer skills and the ability to use technology in scheduling and electronic charting
· Homecare companion experience preferred;
· Have current CPR certification and First AID;
· Experience working as part of health care team under the direction of a nurse preferred
· Perform all house cleaning task;
· Operate washing machine, dryer and iron;
· Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality of all resident care information and assure resident’s rights and privacy is protected at all times;
· Must positively interact with residents, co-workers and visitors and display a professional and friendly demeanor;
· Must maintain a professional, neat, clean appearance and follow uniform policy.
· Must be able to work in all types of weather extremes;
· Must have the ability to accurately plan work routine and complete assigned duties;
· Must be able to work in an environment that includes pets and pet care;
· Meal preparation , shop, cooks, serve and clean up;
· Attend Friends Circle orientation, as required;
· Attend Friends Circle In-Service Training, as required;
· Attend Monthly Staff meeting Caring Caregiver
· Must be able to drive cars vans and SUVs as needed from the Braodmead fleet of vehicles
Dependability and Initiative Expectations
Reports to work each day on time and as scheduled;
Participates in appropriate in-service education, meeting state in-service requirements;
Actively participates in required meetings, arriving on time unless prior arrangements have been made;
Takes initiative in performing job as evidenced by offering new ideas, solutions, informing supervisor of potential problems/hazards, using time, equipment and supplies efficiently, assuming extra duties willingly and participating in educational programs to keep abreast of new developments, procedures and technologies and
Complies with organization’s policies and procedures.
Flex stuff (PRN) must provide availability calendar monthly per policy
Drive either personal vehicle or Broadmead vehicle to the client home.
May need to see more than one client per day and drive to various locations.
PRN staff must meet the requirements of the PRN agreement monthly
Customer Service Expectations
Agrees to abide by customer service guidelines as established by Friends Circle.
Corporate Compliance Expectations
Agrees to abide by the Standard of Community Excellence during employment at Friends Circle;
Responsible for reporting any alleged or suspected violation of the Standards of Community Excellence and
Adheres to the Organizations Policies and Procedures covering privacy and security in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
Lifestyle Program Expectations
You are committed to caring for the whole person, body, mind and spirit;
You embrace the resident lifestyle philosophy with the residents, their families and those with whom you work;
You recognize that your work makes a difference in the lives of those with whom you care;
You realize that those with whom you care depend on you and
You are committed to working as a team player.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities to perform each duty proficiently. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
The level of access to residents’ medical information will be determined based on the duties of their job and the employees will be trained on appropriate security levels