Executive Assistant to the CEO
- 13801 York Rd, Cockeysville, MD 21030, USA
Join our caring and compassionate team that make up the fabric of our community. As part of the Quaker values Broadmead appreciates the contribution of every individual employee. To reflect this, Broadmead offers competitive wages and generous benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, paid leave, and retirement plans.
Under the guidance of the Chief Executive Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the coordination of activities (operations and planning), and ensuring timely flow of information to and from the executive office. S/he will handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature, and must function efficiently and effectively in a fast paced professional environment. This will require the ability to deal with competing priorities and deadlines, screen and prioritize communications and opportunities from external and internal sources, and organize and maintain administrative processes essential to this position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide executive administrative and project management support to 3 groups of executives: 1) CEO, 2) Board of Trustees and 3) Executive Leadership Team (as needed)
- Executive Professional, right hand to the CEO essentially responsible for managing the operation of the CEO’s agenda. This includes daily management of the schedule, ensuring that he/she knows schedule 24 hours in advance and keeping meetings and appointments on time, or changing schedules when necessary. Also provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office, board of trustees, internal departments, and external clients; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with all levels of management.
- Responsible for the organization, coordination, follow-up, of paper files/records/documents and retrieval of documentation of the CEO’s agenda as assigned by the CEO.
- Ability to anticipate the CEO’s needs, act accordingly and proactively bring together appropriate people and resources to support in addressing issues.
- Manage CEO travel arrangements and proactively coordinate the pre-planning of trips, including arranging appropriate travel and accommodations, agendas, necessary contacts, marketing materials and other necessary preparations.
- Ability to manage, coordinate and execute various projects, both in and out of the office. Represent the CEO in a professional and congenial manner in person, in telephone conversations and in written correspondence. Also researches, prioritizes and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action; referral or response.
- Provides leadership to build relationship’s crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational impact. Also, provide regular updates on the progress of assigned projects.
- Provides assistance in developing reports and action plans for strategic planning.
- Provides periodic support for the executive team members.
- Provides a strong emphasis on governance, resident relations, and staff relations.
- Process and maintain expenses for CEO.
- Helps CEO manage output, work flow, and office deadlines. Follows up and makes sure that action items are completed.
- Documents notes at Broad of Trustee meetings and any other meetings assigned by the CEO.
- Oversees the Board of Trustee packets that are distributed to members each month.
- Performs additional duties assigned or as required to effectively meet the responsibilities of the position.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, but not required.
- Three to Five years’ experience as an administrative or executive assistant is required.
- Experience in accounting, finance or economics is desired, but not required.
- Advanced computer skills in current industry standards software (proficiency and comfort with technology hardware and several software applications).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent organization skills in order to manage efficiently.
- Strong understanding of and commitment to customer service is required.
- Ability to thrive in energetic, fast-paced organization with high expectations for service delivery and professional staff standards.
Dependability and Initiative Expectations
- Reports to work each day on time and as scheduled.
- Participates in appropriate in-service education, meeting State in-service requirements.
- Actively participates in required meetings, arriving on time unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Takes initiative in performing job as evidenced by offering new ideas solutions, informing supervisor of potential problems/hazards, using time, equipment, and supplies efficiently, assuming extra duties willingly, and participating in educational programs to keep abreast of new developments, procedures, and technologies.
- Complies with organization’s policies and procedures._
Customer Service Expectations
- Agrees to abide by the CSI (Customer Service Initiative) guidelines as outlined in the CSI Training Program.
Corporate Compliance Expectations
- Agrees to abide by the Standard of Community Excellence during my employment at Broadmead.
- Responsible for reporting any alleged or suspected violation of the Standards of Community Excellence.
- Adheres to the Organizations Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
Lifestyle Program Expectations
- You are committed to caring for the whole person, body, mind, and spirit.
- You embrace the resident lifestyle philosophy with the residents, their families, and those with whom you work.
- You recognize that your work makes a difference in the lives of those with whom you care.
- You realize that those with whom you care depend on you.
- You are committed to working as a team player.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities to perform each duty proficiently. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
The Level of access to residents’ medical information will be determined based on the duties of their job and the employees will be trained on appropriate security levels.