Facilities Director - Maintenance,Transportation, Campus Safety & Grounds
- 13801 York Rd, Cockeysville, MD 21030, USA
Join our caring and compassionate team that make up the fabric of our community. As part of the Quaker values Broadmead appreciates the contribution of every individual employee. To reflect this, Broadmead offers competitive wages and generous benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, paid leave, and retirement plans.
The Facilities Director for Maintenance/Transportation, Campus Safety and Grounds is responsible to provide timely, competent and professional delivery of facility services for residents and employees of the Community and to act as a resource and liaison for the Transportation/Campus Safety Manager, Grounds Manager, Director for Capital and Master Planning and other Facilities Departments, as well as the departments he/she oversees.
1. Under the supervision of the Sr. Director for Facility Services, and in conjunction with the Trasnportation/Campus Safety Manager and Grounds Manager, maintains each area of responsibility and ensures maximum delivery of services to residents and staff.
2. Maximize the utilization of the preventive maintenance systems for all equipment in each area of responsibility
3. Ensure that plumbing, electrical, heating and cooling systems are operating at peak efficiency for each level of demand.
4. In collaboration with the Transportation/Campus Safety Manager and Grounds Manager ensures that all employees receive training so that each has full understanding of equipment and systems that they will be operating and maintaining.
5. Ensure that the facility is in compliance with established federal, state and local regulations and communicate with regulatory/licensing agency representatives as required.
6. Assist with developing the annual budget for each department of responsibility with input from the Transportation/Campus Safety Manager and Grounds Manager
7. Review monthly financial statements with direct reports for accuracy and be ready to explain significant variances between actual and budgeted results.
8. Ensure that each department remains good stewards of our financial resources by ensuring that value is added when costs are incurred, and that assets are secure and well maintained.
9. Utilize employees and resources as effectively as possible. Outsource services if more cost effective as long as customer service quality is not compromised and balancing overtime in conjunction with the Transportation/Campus Safety Manager and Grounds Manager.
10. Facilitate routine staff meetings for employees who directly report to them, to keep employees informed of what is happening or planned and ensure that the Transportation/Campus Safety Manager and Grounds Manager facilitates meetings routinely as well.
11. Work in conjunction with the Director for Capital Planning/Master Planning to provide knowledgeable information around mechanical and electrical function for renovations at the community.
12. Establish and maintain accessibility to all residents and community staff through high visibility and excellent communications.
13. Become familiar with and follow Policies and Procedures.
14. Ensure that requests for the purchase of assets and services are discussed with those who directly report to him/her and that they are made in accordance with Broadmead Senior Living policies and procedures.
15. Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by Management to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Community including but not limited to emergency weather response and clean up.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to initiate and implement necessary plans to assure proper maintenance of facilities. Ability to supervise individuals at all levels.
The Director must have well-developed leadership and management skills.
Must be a good communicator, a strong team player, a person adept at developing relationships and earning others trust, and a person who strongly cares for others well-being.
Must be able to train, coach and mentor personnel to effectively carry out their job responsibilities.
Must be able to respond to the community for all emergency situations and adjust time accordingly in order to assist for as long as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
An Associates degree required in Mechanical or Construction Sciences or a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in a Facilities Management and supervising staff capacity with a strengths in Mechanical, Electrical, Life Safety and Fire Protections Systems and a basic knowledge and past experience in the Transportation field from a senior living community. Experience in participation and implementation of a master plan design and in making recommendations for MEP standards. Experience in participation and implementation of a community sustainability plan as it relates to new construction and existing operations. Health care experience is a plus with strengths in the Environment of Care, residential transportation services and requirements for campus security.
Oversees the Transportation/Campus Safety Manager, Grounds Manager and Maintenance and Engineering staff. Assists with supervision and guidance Transportation, Campus Safety and Grounds staff.
Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day
Must be able to cope with interruptions, be flexible and a team player
Must be able to stand for long periods of time
Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
Dependability and Initiative Expectations
Reports to work each day on time and as scheduled.
Participates in appropriate in-service education, meeting State in-service requirements.
Actively participates in required meetings, arriving on time unless prior arrangements have been made.
Takes initiative in performing job as evidenced by offering new ideas solutions, informing supervisor of potential problems/hazards, using time, equipment, and supplies efficiently, assuming extra duties willingly, and participating in educational programs to keep abreast of new developments, procedures, and technologies.
Complies with organization’s policies and procedures.
Customer Service Expectations
Agrees to abide by the CSI (Customer Service Initiative) guidelines as outlined in the CSI Training Program.
Corporate Compliance Expectations
Agrees to abide by the Standard of Community Excellence during my employment at Broadmead.
Responsible for reporting any alleged or suspected violation of the Standards of Community Excellence.
Adheres to the Organizations Policies & Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities to perform each duty proficiently. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
The Level of access to residents’ medical information will be determined based on the duties of their job and the employees will be trained on appropriate security levels.