- 13801 York Rd, Cockeysville, MD 21030, USA
Join our caring and compassionate team that make up the fabric of our community. As part of the Quaker values Broadmead appreciates the contribution of every individual employee. To reflect this, Broadmead offers competitive wages and generous benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, paid leave, and retirement plans.
1. Responsible for overseeing & ensuring set-up, operation, and cleaning of the dish machine and three compartment sink
2. Ensures Cleaning and sanitizing of all dishware and equipment as directed.
3. Ensures that Utility Staff sweeps and mops floors; removes trash from Food Service areas.
4. Responsible for ordering all chemicals and the upkeep of the chemical closets in food service areas as well as the upkeep of the MSDS book or online.
5. Responsible for hiring, training and evaluating all Utility Staff.
6. Will act as closing supervisor for Dining Services, responsibilities will include checking out each area at the end of the night, checking of cash from Café as needed and locking all areas at the end of the night.
7. Responsible for ensuring all utility staff reports to work in a clean and complete uniform. .
8. Ensures the sanitation of the dish room and the entire food service, area.
9. Ensures that the master cleaning log is up to date on a weekly basis.
10. Responsible for the up keep of all job assignments as well as job position duties.
11. Responsible for a posted utility work schedule.
12. Responsible for reporting all equipment repair needs to the Executive Chef.
13. Responsible for reporting all pest concerns within the Food Service Operation in the pest log for weekly inspection.
14. Ensures that the cleaning and sanitizing of all items and equipment is done in a careful, efficient, and effective manner by following procedures and instructions in an appropriate and responsible manner.
15. Responsible for the daily closing of the food service operation
16. Ensures that we meet county and state regulations as reflected in inspections.
17. Accountable for promoting internal customer service.
18. Abide by the organization’s code of conduct in the performance of their duties
19. Conducts safety, sanitation, security and maintenance quality control checks and programs as needed
20. Ensures preventative maintenance programs are followed per scheduling
Perform other related duties as required
· General knowledge of cleaning methods and techniques, sanitizing agents, and equipment.
· General knowledge of safety and sanitation rules and practices.
· Ability to operate dishwasher and other equipment as directed.
· Possess the ability to follow instructions, work well with others and maintain a good rapport with residents.
· Possess the ability to cope with the needs of older persons, physical handicaps and/or varying degrees of disorientation.
· Has general knowledge of HACCP
· Complete 16 hour ServSafe Course
· Has general knowledge of Universal Precautions.
· Ability to train and in-service properly the do/don’ts of utility techniques and hazardous chemicals.
· Has general knowledge and the ability to train the right to know manual.
· Ability to work unsupervised.
· General knowledge of OSHA regulations.
· Comprehensive knowledge of supervising practices and procedures
· Comprehensive knowledge of food handling procedures
· Communication skills to work effectively with a diverse staff, other departments, residents and guests.
· Must have the ability to give directions, manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and work independently
General knowledge of repair work including plumbing, electrical and mechanical repair work.
Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day
Must be able to cope with interruptions, be flexible and a team player
Must be able to stand for long periods of time
Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
Dependability and Initiative Expectations
Reports to work each day on time and as scheduled.
Participates in appropriate in-service education, meeting State in-service requirements.
Actively participates in required meetings, arriving on time unless prior arrangements have been made.
Takes initiative in performing job as evidenced by offering new ideas solutions, informing supervisor of potential problems/hazards, using time, equipment, and supplies efficiently, assuming extra duties willingly, and participating in educational programs to keep abreast of new developments, procedures, and technologies.
Complies with organization’s policies and procedures.
Customer Service Expectations
Agrees to abide by the CSI (Customer Service Initiative) guidelines as outlined in the CSI Training Program.
Corporate Compliance Expectations
Agrees to abide by the Standard of Community Excellence during my employment at Broadmead.
Responsible for reporting any alleged or suspected violation of the Standards of Community Excellence.
Adheres to the Organizations Policies & Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities to perform each duty proficiently. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
The Level of access to residents’ medical information will be determined based on the duties of their job and the employees will be trained on appropriate security levels.