Magnolia & Banquet Sous Chef
- 13801 York Rd, Cockeysville, MD 21030, USA
Join our caring and compassionate team that make up the fabric of our community. As part of the Quaker values Broadmead appreciates the contribution of every individual employee. To reflect this, Broadmead offers competitive wages and generous benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, paid leave, and retirement plans.
1. Meets with the Executive Chef on a daily basis to assist in planning all agendas, i.e. training, product changes, price changes, and all future plans for the Food Service Department
2. Participates in the annual budget process as it relates to food service operations
3. Opens and closes the entire department
4. Coordinates and supervises the preparations necessary for consistent meal time and special functions operations
5. Observes staff to ensure proper service is being given to all
6. Conducts routine quality assurance inspections
7. Assists Executive Chef with developing seasonal Magnolia menus and recipes
8. Ability to make changes to recipes and menus as necessary
9. Assists Executive Chef with ongoing training of all production staff
10. Functions on committees as designated by the Director of Food Service
11. Ensures that our preventative maintenance programs as followed as scheduled
12. Assists the Food Service Director with safety, sanitation, and security and maintenance quality control checks on a regular basis
13. Assures and assists in the daily cleaning of the kitchen
14. Ensures the smooth operation of special functions and Magnolia Room
15. Accountable for promoting internal customer service.
16. Abide by the organization’s code of conduct in the performance of their duties
Perform other related duties as required
· Culinary degree or has worked at least 5 years in a similar position
· At least 3 to 5 years of Dining Service Supervisory experience in Culinary/Dining Services Professional.
· ServSafe Certified required after hired 6 months
· Comprehensive knowledge of supervising practices and procedures
· Comprehensive knowledge of food handling procedures
· Comprehensive knowledge of safety and sanitation rules and regulations
· Significant interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a diverse staff, other departments, residents and guests
· Must have the ability to give directions, manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and work independently
· Comprehensive knowledge of dining services and special functions set-ups
· Comprehensive knowledge of all food service equipment and safety procedures
· Knowledge of OSHA regulations, State and Federal Regulations and Guidelines, Infection Control Standards and H.A.C.C.P.
· Accountable for the training and performance of hot cooks, cold cooks, and line servers.
· Accountable for seasonal menu development for the Magnolia room planning cost effective strategies to increase revenue.
· Accountable to work with the catering coordinator to develop menus and plan functions for residents, resident families and staff .
· Accountable for the development and completion of all annual goals
· Accountable for staying in budget when planning labor hours associated with catering.
· Accountable for overall scheduling, training, waste control for the Magnolia room
· Accountable for the overall smooth operation of the dining areas on evenings that do not have Magnolia or special function needs
· Accountable to prepare meals for the Magnolia room when scheduled by the Executive Chef
· Has the authority to override final decisions of Hot Cooks, cold cooks, when in the best interest of Broadmead
· Has the authority to order foods based on Magnolia menu development and special function needs through the executive Chef
· Has the authority to ensure within the Food Service Department, that all Broadmead policies are enforced following the appropriate procedures
· Has the authority to make decisions in any area to ensure the smooth operation of the Food Service Department on their weekend
· Has the latitude to deal with most problems
· Refers unusual problems to the supervisor
Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day
Must be able to cope with interruptions, be flexible and a team player
Must be able to stand for long periods of time
Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
Dependability and Initiative Expectations
Reports to work each day on time and as scheduled.
Participates in appropriate in-service education, meeting State in-service requirements.
Actively participates in required meetings, arriving on time unless prior arrangements have been made.
Takes initiative in performing job as evidenced by offering new ideas solutions, informing supervisor of potential problems/hazards, using time, equipment, and supplies efficiently, assuming extra duties willingly, and participating in educational programs to keep abreast of new developments, procedures, and technologies.
Complies with organization’s policies and procedures.
Customer Service Expectations
Agrees to abide by the CSI (Customer Service Initiative) guidelines as outlined in the CSI Training Program.
Corporate Compliance Expectations
Agrees to abide by the Standard of Community Excellence during my employment at Broadmead.
Responsible for reporting any alleged or suspected violation of the Standards of Community Excellence.
Adheres to the Organizations Policies & Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities to perform each duty proficiently. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
The Level of access to residents’ medical information will be determined based on the duties of their job and the employees will be trained on appropriate security levels.