Clinical Director - Full-Time (FC#417)
- 13801 York Rd, Cockeysville, MD 21030, USA
This position is a full time (40 plus hours a week) : Exempt position.
Responsible for providing oversight of the Friends Circle Residential Services Agency. Responsible to serve as the supervising RN and clinical liaison for the Residential Services Agency and perform all functions associated with that role. The Clinical Director of Friends Circle is responsible for the supervision of staff, clinical administration of the programs, compliance with all regulations, communication with physicians, clients, family members and internal customers and direct contact with the resident, as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs the nursing functions as required by the regulations for a Residential Services Agency;
- Provides clinical supervision to the licensed and unlicensed staff ensuring compliance with all regulations for the Residential Services Agency;
- Provides supervision for "other business" activities related to Friends Circle including transportation, pet services, etc...;
- Provides leadership role in maintaining quality assurance requirements;
- Provides leadership role in development and maintenance of clinical programs provided by the residential service agency;
- Direct the day-to-day operations of the Friends Circle RSA program to include:
- Supervision of staff (RN’s, LPN’s, CMA’s & GNA’s)
- Procurement and inventory of supplies and equipment
- Hiring, counseling, performance management and termination of staff
- Orienting and on-boarding of new staff and creating growth opportunities for all RSA staff.
- Supervise monthly review of plan of services, resident progress, and assess need for continued services;
- Insure documentation of resident’s assessment, plan of services, and other information is completed and accurate;
- Participate in determination of resident’s need for termination of services and assist in referral of additional services, alternate placement within Broadmead;
- Respond to resident and family concerns and complaints;
- Oversee scheduling of residential services to residents;
- Assist with the submission of accurate billing information;
- Develop quarterly report for the Friends Circle Quality Assurance Committee and
- Perform other duties as assigned
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing;
Valid license as registered nurse in Maryland;
Delegating Nurse License;
Have current CPR/First Aid Certifications;
Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality of all resident care information and assure resident’s rights and privacy is protected at all times;
Moderate computer skills required;
Position requires 2 -3 years supervisory experience in a health care setting, preferably in a residential services agency or a home health agency;
Able to effectively maintain documentation of activity;
Must be able to follow written and oral instructions;
Must maintain a professional, neat and clean appearance;
Must be able to work in all types of weather extremes;
Must be able to work independently;
Position must be able to frequently interact with and provide excellent customer service to all levels of staff, residents, family members, and partners within the community at large;
Position requires evening and weekend work, as needed;
Possess the ability to communicate and deal tactfully with personnel, creating and leading a team approach;
Must have a valid driver’s license;
Must be able to work in an environment that includes pets;
Must be able to read, write and speak English in an understandable manner;
Must have the ability to lift 20 pounds repeatedly during the shift and to move light furniture;
Attend Friends Circle orientation, as required and
Attend Friends Circle In-Service Training, as required
Dependability and Initiative Expectations
Reports to work each day on time and as scheduled;
Participates in appropriate in-service education, meeting State in-service requirements;
Actively participates in required meetings, arriving on time unless prior arrangements have been made;
Takes initiative in performing job as evidenced by offering new ideas, solutions, informing supervisor of potential problems/hazards, using time, equipment and supplies efficiently, assuming extra duties willingly and participating in educational programs to keep abreast of new developments, procedures and technologies and
Complies with organization’s policies and procedures.
Customer Service Expectations
- Agrees to abide by customer service guidelines as established by Friends Circle.
Corporate Compliance Expectations
- Agrees to abide by the Standard of Community Excellence during employment at Friends Circle;
- Responsible for reporting any alleged or suspected violation of the Standards of Community Excellence and
- Adheres to the Organizations Policies and Procedures covering privacy and security in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
Lifestyle Program Expectations
You are committed to caring for the whole person, body, mind and spirit;
You embrace the resident lifestyle philosophy with the residents, their families and those with whom you work;
You recognize that your work makes a difference in the lives of those with whom you care;
You realize that those with whom you care depend on you and
You are committed to working as a team player.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities to perform each duty proficiently. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
The level of access to residents’ medical information will be determined based on the duties of their job and the employees will be trained on appropriate security levels.