Marketing Assistant - Full-Time (BM#421)
- 13801 York Rd, Cockeysville, MD 21030, USA
Join our caring and compassionate team that make up the fabric of our community. As part of the Quaker values Broadmead appreciates the contribution of every individual employee. To reflect this, Broadmead offers competitive wages and generous benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, paid leave, and retirement plans.
This is a Full-Time Position (40 hrs a week)
Monday through Friday (8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m).
This position works in accordance with established policies and procedures of the community with specific instruction from the VP of Sales and Marketing. This position provides support for all Marketing and Sales team members. This primarily includes receptionist responsibilities, managing administrative functions, coordinating events, completing reports, serving in a hospitality role, managing office inventory, move-in coordination, social media placement, social media reporting, social media management, management of the selections and refurbishment process (client related) and providing other job related support functions as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers and directs incoming phone calls and manages the accurate recordkeeping of the community CRM. Greets and serves all visitors to the marketing office and lower level administrative suite in a hospitable, professional manner. Responds to inquiries about Broadmead from prospective residents in a timely manner.
- Mails brochures with department approved personalized cover letters on original letterhead. Maintains responsibility for the appearance of all outgoing materials, informs VP of Sales and Marketing when updates are needed.
- Responsible for maintenance of marketing systems, (including Broadmead internal systems as well as contracted CRM/BSO/automation systems) and is capable of producing data results and system generated reports. Prepares, updates and saves marketing and sales reports on both personal and shared access folders when necessary.
- Plans and implements all elements associated with marketing events within the approved budget.
- Assists with the preparation of the annual marketing plan by creating tables, compiling components created by others and assembly of final product.
- Coordinates and creates marketing newsletters.
- Prepares and processes invoices for approval and is responsible for maintaining budget performance spreadsheets.
- Effectively carries out all bulk mail and regular mailings, including maintenance of permit mailing and business reply account balances.
- Prepares Residence and Care Agreements under the direction of the VP of Sales and Marketing and Residency Counselors.
- Schedules appointments and tours for sales staff when necessary.
- Tracks and places advertising with pre-determined media sources at the direction of the VP of Marketing and Sales.
- Processes all sales, cancellations, transfers and associated documentation in sales, priority and resident filing system in accordance with departmental procedures and an emphasis on accuracy.
- Manages the office by tracking inventory and ordering office supplies, collateral and other printed material within approved budget and Broadmead guidelines.
- Responsible for all Sale and Move In correspondence (e.g. Priority Fee returns, receipt of application, Resident Care Agreement letter, acceptance letter, follow-up letters, birthday cards, etc.). Any correspondence should be recorded in the CRM system at the time of the activity.
- Responsible for petty cash for the lower level administration suite.
- Maintains the copy room in a neat organized manner, order supplies such as toner, paper etc. when needed in a timely manner.
- Makes copies and files as directed by VP of Marketing and Sales, including computer labeling and ongoing updates to new move in checklist, as needed
- Retrieves and delivers mail to sales and marketing staff.
- Responsible for department project work, follow through involving internet based research or investigative, fact finding phone calls.
- Provides administrative support to the VP of Marketing and Sales as well as Residency Counselors as requested.
- Redirects residents to appropriate contact for questions, comments and concerns.
- Attends meetings as requested.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining personal work area, conference room, hospitality area, client waiting area and sales presentation room in a presentable manner and maintains a professional appearance at all times.
- All other duties as assigned
Move In Coordinator
- Assists and guides future residents in available selections (kitchens, flooring, colors, upgrades)
- Communicates with community leadership and other departments and vendors as needed regarding any refurbishment/construction needs and/or changes
- Develops and updates as needed the community move-in resource guide
- Provides new residents with all of the documents, keys, handbooks, ID badges, etc. that are necessary to begin a successful resident experience at Broadmead. Documents are to be professional in appearance, originals only not copies.
- All other duties as assigned
Social Media Coordinator
- Responsible to launch and manage social medial presence on all current sites which include the Broadmead website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest. Launch and manage any future sites as directed by the VP of Sales and Marketing.
- Work cooperatively across departments to ensure proper messaging is being executed online that will help reach community objectives.
- Support and protect brand by making sure positive messaging is maintained and establish consistency of messages.
- Manage online comments, forums and discussions and responding in a timely manner to any users’ needs.
- Prepare reports and monthly content calendar to update the VP of Sales and Marketing on usage and placement statistics, research and keep up to date on scheduler options to improve efficiencies.
- All other duties as assigned
Required skills or Knowledge:
- Administrative or Marketing degree and three years’ experience is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience including administrative and sales and marketing may be considered.
- Organizational Skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent analytical and networking skills
- Experience in a professional office or hospitality environment, where good communication (especially telephone) and customer relations skills are essential
- Ability to deal with information in a confidential manner
- Ability to cooperate with personnel from all departments
- Ability to communicate effectively and deal professionally with residents, their families, visitors and staff.
- Excellent computer skills and a proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM database management is required
- Excellent keyboarding and proofreading skills.
- Ability to use and/or learn new software, as needed.
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- Ability to manage multiple social media pages and produce any calendars or reports needed to analyze results and address any telling metrics
Must be able to read, understand and communicate in the English language.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to talk and hear
Frequently required to sit
Frequently required to stand and walk
Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs
Specific vision abilities include both close and distance vision
Required to drive and safely transport clients in a motor vehicle and golf cart
Dependability and Initiative Expectations:
Reports to work each day on time and as scheduled.
Participates in appropriate in-service education, meeting State in-service requirements.
Actively participates in required meetings, arriving on time unless prior arrangements have been made.
Takes initiative in performing job as evidenced by offering new ideas solutions, informing supervisor of potential problems/hazards, using time, equipment, and supplies efficiently, assuming extra duties willingly, and participating in educational programs to keep abreast of new developments, procedures, and technologies.
Complies with organization’s policies and procedures.
Customer Service Expectations:
Agrees to abide by the CSI (Customer Service Initiative) guidelines as outlined in the CSI Training Program.
Corporate Compliance Expectations:
Agrees to abide by the Standard of Community Excellence during my employment at Broadmead.
Responsible for reporting any alleged or suspected violation of the Standards of Community Excellence.
Lifestyle Program Expectations:
You are committed to caring for the whole person, body, mind, and spirit.
You embrace the resident lifestyle philosophy with the residents, their families, and those with whom you work.
You recognize that your work makes a difference in the lives of those with whom you care.
You realize that those with whom you care depend on you.
You are committed to working as a team player.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities to perform each duty proficiently. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
The Level of access to residents’ medical information will be determined based on the duties of their job and the employees will be trained on appropriate security levels.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.