Manager, Regulatory Reporting
- Department: Finance
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
We are currently looking for a Manager, Regulatory Reporting to join our growing Finance team!
In this role, you will report directly to the External Reporting Director. You will lead a best-in-class Regulatory Reporting function for a growing telecommunications company. You will support the Company's Regulatory Reporting cycle including report preparation, data analysis, compliance, certification, and relationships liaison with internal partners and legacy company reporting groups. You will need to have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and will need to be proactive and detail oriented.
As Manager, Regulatory Reporting, your duties will include:
- Oversee State and Federal regulatory reporting obligations in the Brightspeed footprint, ensuring timely submission of all required filings and payment of all regulatory related invoices and fees, including the management of issues related to Federal Universal Service Fund and State Universal Service Funds and FUSF/SUSF exemption certifications
- Provide timely and accurate responses to State and Federal audit requests and inquires
- Manage team of regulatory analysts to work toward efficient aggregation and analysis of data for the timely submissions of reports
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholder groups to assess, analyze, validate, and ensure accuracy of all data and reports
- Assess, develop, and maintain proper controls, robust documentation, and change management approach for all reporting areas to provide assurance that the Company is operating a best-in-class reporting environment
- Identify and communicate issues and improvement opportunities
- Stays current on new and evolving regulatory requirements, assess impact and ensure compliance
- Provide vision and business requirements to technology teams to develop financial and reporting system needs
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- 10+ years relevant experience in compliance, regulatory or related discipline
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance or similar field
- Knowledge and experience in regulatory reporting, finance, and accounting.
- Strong communication, planning and project management skills with an ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent ability to investigate, analyze, and interpret state and federal regulations
- Experience working hands-on with other cross-functional team leaders in improving compliance processes and systems
- Complete ownership and accountability of the function given the deadline-oriented nature of the position
- Adaptable to changing business environment and organizational structure.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Master’s Degree
- Telecommunications industry knowledge
- Experience with SAP
- Familiarity with Federal Universal Service support programs such as E-Rate, Rural Health Care, Lifeline, Affordable Connectivity Program, Rural Digital Opportunity Fund, and High Cost
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We have a brand new, state-of-the-art corporate HQ in Charlotte, NC and our current priority is to make it a truly vibrant destination by hiring talent in the greater Charlotte area. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For all applicants, please take a moment to review our Privacy Notices: