Territory Sales Representative
- Department: Marketing and Sales
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
The Territory Sales Representative is responsible for developing and maintaining key property management and sales operations relationships in contracted communities within a specific Brightspeed region. This role’s primary focus is to drive attainment of the company’s strategic priorities to increase fiber penetration in Multi-Dwelling Unit (MDU) and Single-Family Home (SFH) communities by successfully managing terms and conditions of Brightspeed marketing agreements in partnership with community sales personnel and/or leasing agents in assigned properties.
The Territory Sales Representative’s role requires interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills and the ability to assess property performance and understand contract terms and responsibilities as defined in the marketing agreement. The successful candidate will achieve desired sales and penetration goals using virtual and cross-functional support from internal and external resources. This representative can assist in sales, operations, and network implementation to achieve First Occupancy Dates (FOD), property readiness, and penetration levels by contract type.
The role also maintains ownership and advocates for marketing materials distribution, tracking and compliance.
Territory Sales Representative roles and responsibilities:
- Builds effective relationships with property staff and residents in assigned modules.
- Executes key sales and marketing activities to increase fiber penetration in the property or HOA community.
- Develops knowledge of the business climate, industry trends, applications, and competitive landscape.
- Actively participates in property implementation and onboarding activities to ensure alignment of Day 1, Open for Sale, and First Occupancy Date (FOD) activities.
- Acts as the company liaison between assigned properties to remove challenges and deliver excellent customer service.
- Actively participate in property performance forecasting and goal setting.
- Communicate and participate in operational reviews for property performance and improvement.
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and/or relevant experience
- 5+ years sales management experience
- Account management experience
- Proven track record of successful professional sales experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Working knowledge and experience with contracts and contract negotiations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to include product demonstrations and executive selling skills
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record (MVR)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel to meet the demands of the job and support a regional sales team.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Master’s Degree.
- Real estate sales and marketing experience.
- Success-based capital analysis and business development experience.
- Technical experience required in premise network design, property survey, and product/solution presentation to customer staff and management.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We have a brand new, state-of-the-art corporate HQ in Charlotte, NC and our current priority is to make it a truly vibrant destination by hiring talent in the greater Charlotte area. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For all applicants, please take a moment to review our Privacy Notices: