Principal IT Architect, Network Process
- Department: Information Technology
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Principal IT Architect, Network Process, with expertise in Telecommunications systems specializing in all facets of Telecommunications network to join our Technology Transformation team. In this role, you will be responsible for defining business process to support service delivery, service assurance, and network operations functions that define the automation that will re-define how traditional wireline providers deliver for and support their customers. You will work closely with the network engineering, service delivery, service assurance and core network operations as we redefine the CSP industry. If you're a driven and motivated IT architecture professional with expertise in Telecommunications, with a passion for building next generation network capabilities on the latest cloud technologies, we'd love to hear from you!
As the Principal IT Architect, Network Process, you will be responsible for the following:
- Design business and operational processes across traditional service delivery, service assurance, and core network operations, engineering functions
- Instantiate operational process into automated experiences to drive operational efficiency and customer experience
- Collaborate across network engineering, service delivery, service assurance, and core network support teams to ensure operational and network automation capabilities support the products and services atop the company’s evolving network
- Collaborate with software development teams to create device and service automation applications in support of all facets of network operations
- Respond to and assist with network equipment and service changes, emerging technology questions, security risks and vulnerabilities in the company’s network control plane
- Keep up to date with current architecture, network technologies, network security, trends and best practices to ensure the organization’s network control plane is optimized
- Establish equipment and service onboarding processes that feed service delivery and assurance operations as well as automation development
- Communicate architectural patterns, guidelines, and network security practices to relevant stakeholders
- Mentor and train application development teams on network architecture and topology patterns and practices
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
- Additional professional experience or industry certification could be considered in lieu of degree
- 8+ years of experience in IT architecture, with a focus on Telecommunications network equipment and topology
- Strong understanding of telecommunications network technologies such as DSL, POTS, Metro-Ethernet, Time Division Multiplex, Dense Wavelengths Division Multiplexing, Element Management Systems, and network equipment across platforms such as Infinera, Cienna, Fujitsu, Nokia, RAD, Adtran, and Calix
- Experience creating, improving and evolving network provisioning, activation and support processes atop business process and technology automation platforms
- Experience building YANG modeling in support of NETCONF and RESTCONF interactions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience with inventory modeling with traditional OSS systems such as Amdocs, NetCracker, Telcordia or Ericsson
- Experience supporting Metro Ethernet products in the wireline industry
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We have a brand new, state-of-the-art corporate HQ in Charlotte, NC and our current priority is to make it a truly vibrant destination by hiring talent in the greater Charlotte area. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For all applicants, please take a moment to review our Privacy Notices: