IT Principal Systems Engineer
- Department: Information Technology
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Principal Systems Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. In this position, you will be responsible for driving the Architecture & Design, integration, and delivery management in IT Corporate Applications Portfolio. This role requires a love of learning and problem solving, and the ability to guide a team towards implementing architectures and solutions.
As an IT Principal Systems Engineer, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Lead small to complex business initiatives for orchestration, workflow, activation, and provisioning with focus on delivering best in class customer experience
- Technical Delivery and Integration management
- Enterprise Architecture & Design
- Laying out Enterprise architecture and design for systems and applications spanning multiple departments and organizations in Mass Market
- Evaluate and assess existing architecture and design, provide inputs on addressing challenges, evolve revised architecture and design addressing the gaps and challenges
- Review, document and publish the Architecture, interfaces, and design documents based on sessions with IT and Business partners and existing artifacts
- Define the appropriate Business and IT Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Objectives and Key Results (OKR) at various levels in collaboration with the partners
- Translate business requirements to software specification and requirements
- Lay out the high-level systems design and specification in an ecosystem involving ERP systems, Databases Cloud and Web based applications
- Publish detailed design in key and select areas as needed
- Coordinate and drive the delivery across IT and Business partners in a multi-vendor environment through the SDLC – requirements, architecture, design, development, testing, deployment and support
- Hands on involvement as needed in all areas of SDLC – troubleshooting, debugging, verification and testing, production monitoring and performance analysis
- Track and manage IT KPIs and OKRs; leverage the larger delivery ecosystem to drive target achievement
- Generating reports and metrics for IT and business reviews, preparing updates for executive leadership
- Work closely with senior management, analyzing long-term business goals and suggesting ways the organization might achieve these goals with technology
- Influence, negotiate, build consensus, and align with peer engineering, product, business teams and vendor partners on solutioning and implementation
- Provide industry knowledge, experience, and best practices to help the team stay ahead of the curve in keeping our technology stack cutting edge
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, or equivalent with at least 10-12 years of hands-on Industry experience in the following areas
- 10+ years of experience in software and operations engineering with at least 5 years of leadership experience
- 10+ years of experience in telecom domain, product, and services
- 7+ years of design and development in the OSS/BSS space around Order Management, provisioning and activation for Consumer portfolio
- Highly skilled in system architecture, designs, specifications, system testing and system users training and adoption in PON service provisioning, design, and configuration
- Experience in architecture, design, development, deployment and support of enterprise systems and applications in a highly scalable and high performing environment involving mobile, web, server, and databases in cloud ecosystem
- Experience in one of the cloud technologies – Azure, GCP, AWS
- Experience building complex queries in SQL, design, and architecture in a high-performance scalable database environment
- Experience in Java, Microservices, Spring Frameworks
- Experience in working with different BPM tools such as Bonita, RHPAM, etc.
- Experience in working with ServiceNow and Service Portal
- Experience in managing and driving software systems integration and delivery end to end through the SDLC - requirements, architecture, design, development, testing and deployment
- Experience in Jira, Confluence and SharePoint
- Experience in Office 360 suite - Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Experience in full stack development – web, server, databases in cloud environments
- Proven experience driving delivery in a multi-vendor, multi organizational environment across IT and Business, multiple time zones
- Good communication skills, ability to thrive in a dynamic fast paced environment
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Telecom Provisioning Platform
- Telecom Inventory
- Order Orchestration
- One-Dispatcher Service / Mediator Service experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We have a brand new, state-of-the-art corporate HQ in Charlotte, NC and our current priority is to make it a truly vibrant destination by hiring talent in the greater Charlotte area. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For all applicants, please take a moment to review our Privacy Notices: