Senior Revenue Accountant
- Department: Finance
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
We are currently looking for a Senior Revenue Accountant to join our growing Finance team!
In this role, you will report directly to the Manager, Revenue Accounting. As a Senior Revenue Accountant, you will support the implementation of processes, policies, and procedures ensuring the accuracy of accounting and reporting. You will play a major part in the financial month-end closing and reporting process by managing complex journal entries for the company. You will partner with key business stakeholders and business finance partners to provide accounting guidance for all functional areas and to ensure adherence to applicable guidance, policies, and processes.
As Senior Revenue Accountant, your duties will include:
- Prepare journal entries and supporting documentation for the monthly, quarterly, and yearly close process
- Prepare various balance sheet account reconciliations ensuring proper supporting documentation
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial management reports
- Analyze and document income statement and balance sheet fluctuations monthly
- Liaise with teams across multiple departments and locations to obtain and distribute financial information
- Provide support for external and internal audit activities as necessary
- Review and enhance analysis and analytical processes and controls
- Ensure effective working relationships with key business partners
- Perform special projects and any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of accounting experience in a corporate accounting or financial reporting setting
- Experience organizing a large volume of information and identifying and deploying automation tools/solutions
- Proficiency in the use of database tools and financial reporting packages
- Clear communicator, experience running meetings effectively, and to explain complex concepts to a non-technical audience
- Complete ownership and accountability of the function given the deadline-oriented nature of the position
- Adaptable to changing business environment and organizational structure
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA designation
- Experience with SAP
- Background in the telecommunications industry
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We have a brand new, state-of-the-art corporate HQ in Charlotte, NC and our current priority is to make it a truly vibrant destination by hiring talent in the greater Charlotte area. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For all applicants, please take a moment to review our Privacy Notices: