- Department: Human Resources
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
We are currently looking for a 401(k) Specialist to join our growing Total Rewards team! As the 401k Specialist, you will report directly to the VP, Total Rewards and will be responsible in helping to administer the 401(k) Plan, maintain compliance with IRS regulations, and work on 401(k) related projects. You will evaluate day to day administrative processes, initiate and enhance projects, maintain ongoing efforts to determine trends in the 401(k) participation, and provide recommendations on changes to better enhance general processes.
As a 401(k) Specialist, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Support the ongoing administration of the Brightspeed 401(k) Savings Plan
- Perform all facets of daily plan administration including processing of contributions, loans, distributions, hardship withdrawals, and QDROs.
- Explain the 401(k) benefit plan policies, plan summaries, plan document, procedures, and legal requirements to employees and beneficiaries
- Conduct group benefits presentations for and/or individual discussions with employees regarding 401(k) plan provisions / options
- Serve as a liaison between beneficiaries and participants and the plan administrator, payroll department in handling or facilitating requests for contribution adjustments, refunds, and other administrative changes
- Coordinate with actuaries, plan administrators, accountants, and other professionals to provide verified and compiled data for administration of the 401(k) plan
- Ensure that the 401(k) is administered in accordance with company, state, and federal guidelines and regulations
- Maintain knowledge of legal and regulatory changes, trends, and other developments affecting 401(k) plans
- Support 401(k) projects such as annual plan audit, 5500 compliance filings, non-discrimination testing, compliance notices and federal requirements
- Research and resolve participant issues and escalations that are received either internally or from the record keeper - return all messages within a timely manner
- Assist with preparation of reports for quarterly reporting/census
- Reconcile assets & allocation of contributions
- Working knowledge and understanding of retirement plan administration and associated regulations and IRS tax rules
- Perform ongoing audits of administrative processes ensuring compliance with ERISA and IRS regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, HR or related field
- 3+ years of experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required to ensure the daily projection of a professional customer-focused image
- Must be a team player but also work well independently, have a strong ability to problem solve and must pay close attention to detail
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word)
- Ability to stay organized and focused in a busy environment.
- Personable and credible
- Professional and dependable
- Demonstrates cooperation and collaboration in a team setting
- Strong sense of urgency while maintaining job integrity
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We are opening a new, state-of-the-art corporate HQ in Charlotte, NC and our current priority is to make it a truly vibrant destination by hiring talent in the greater Charlotte area. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For all applicants, please take a moment to review our Privacy Notices: