Cash Applications Specialist
- Department: Finance
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Cash Applications Specialist to join our growing team! As Cash Applications Specialist, you will report directly to the Manager, Cash Applications. You will be responsible for resolving customer payment and payment research requests within a specified timeframe, including those that may require more complex solutioning. For successful resolution, you will be expected to effectively communicate with internal and external customers via a variety of methods, including but not limited to telephone and email. You are customer focused with an attention to detail to ensure accurate payment application and payment research resolution. Come help us build the best and fastest fiber-optic network in America!
As Cash Applications Specialist, you will have the following duties:
- Research, prepare, and complete checks for deposit and posting to customer accounts within a specified SLA timeframe
- Post customer payments or returns
- Send customer letters for various situations using pre-formatted templates
- Communication via telephone, email, or other resources with external and internal customers, which may include complex scenarios
- Follow-up on open items, including unidentified payments, assisting in resolution of such items
- Research and resolve customer payment application issues as assigned, completing adjustments as necessary
- Keep current on completion of training requirements
- Assist with research of returned payment items or bank adjustments
- Help to identify customers to target in education of automated payment application methods
- Maintain current knowledge of Brightspeed policies and procedures
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- 3+ years of experience in Cash Applications
- Be a "self-starter" committed to customer satisfaction/project delivery and able to respond to rapid change within the business
- Strong customer focus, with an ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to analyze, problem-solve and communicate resolutions to basic and occasional complex payment application or research issues
- Ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external customers via telephone, email, and other communication resources
- Ability to meet specified SLA requirements, with a focus on accuracy and productivity volumes
- Proficient PC and spreadsheet application skills
- Adaptability to change
- Ability to adhere to working time schedules
- Ability to work flexible hours and possible overtime which may include Saturdays and/or evenings
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Telecommunications industry revenue assurance experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We are opening a new, state-of-the-art corporate HQ in Charlotte, NC and our current priority is to make it a truly vibrant destination by hiring talent in the greater Charlotte area who are interested in a hybrid remote/office work arrangement. As always, however, we are also open to providing sensible remote options to talent outside of the Charlotte area. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer